Magellan Triton 400 Help!

VgoSprocket

Hi all. Not sure if this is the right section for this, but here goes. I have a Magellan Triton 400 that I have been using since 2010-ish strictly for geocaching. The last year or so I often run into problems loading caches onto it. I always load by searching the old map and clicking "send to my GPS". Often times it won't even recognize that I have my GPS plugged in (and yes I always select "connect to PC). I've quadruple checked that I have the latest Magellan communicator installed. When I finally do get it to connect, I get about 2-3 caches loaded before I get a blue screen on my computer saying that it has "run into a problem and has to re-boot!" This happens regardless if I'm using Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Does anyone have any recommendations for what I can do to solve this? My caching is really suffering because of this and my phone works in a pinch but the battery won't hold up to more than two or three caches out on a trail and then I need to recharge. Should I uninstall all Magellan software and try reinstalling it? Is my Triton just too old to be compatible any more? Is my computer the issue? The computer is an Asus currently running Windows 10 but this also happened when I was running Windows 8.

Thanks.