How to recover Drafts on Geocaching.com upload

NDOkie

I attempted to upload my field notes from Garmin 64s as normal. I neglected to uncheck the "ignore before such date". The ignore date was only an hour before my upload and I have more than 100 finds to log. How can I reset the text file from my handheld so that it uploads all of the caches (duplicates would be OK at this point). Is there a time stamp trick I can perform to make the file upload?

Can't you just upload the same text file, but be sure to uncheck the "ignore before" box? That would upload all the field notes in your Garmin. I don't think you need to do anything to the text file itself.

Nope, that does not work. That would be too simple, but it should work that way.

That's really odd. Personally, I wouldn't want to mess with changing all the timestamps in the geocache_visits.txt file. You could try it though, maybe replace all "2017-04-" with "2017-05-". But I'd worry that the 'ignore before' box would end up with a May 2017 date, which could make your uploads difficult for the next month.

If it was me, I'd open the geocache_visits.txt file on your GPSr and copy all the relevant rows into a new temp.txt file on your computer. Then upload that temp.txt file via the Field Notes upload page, with the "ignore before" box unchecked. Maybe close and re-open your web browser beforehand. It really should work that way. If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure other hacks to the text file itself will help.

Good luck!