Beta Test a Puzzle Concept

I'm finally well enough to be putting out caches again and have been pondering a puzzle idea, however I'd like input.

Below is the start of my puzzle, it isn't specific enough at this point to give any hints about the cache's final location.

Let me know what you think, both on the idea and what you feel the rating should be.

Septentrio

Acer circinatum

Erysimum cheiranthoides

Esternway Edray Edarcay

Platanthera stricta.

Occidens

Calypso bulbosa

Erigeron humilis (minus 4)

Streptopus roseus

Myrica gale.

Edited by MooseJawSpruce

I'm finally well enough to be putting out caches again and have been pondering a puzzle idea, however I'd like input. Below is the start of my puzzle, it isn't specific enough at this point to give any hints about the cache's final location. Let me know what you think, both on the idea and what you feel the rating should be.

Well, I hate to be negative, but the whole "list of 15 things: figure out what they have in common and make coords from it" genre of puzzles is, IMO, pretty tired. It's better than the "15 pictures" genre, but they are both pretty tedious to solve.

I much prefer a puzzle with clever clues and hints that fit together to make a solution that can be arrived at by following a logical path. I don't think of massive Googling as fitting into that mold.

I'm finally well enough to be putting out caches again and have been pondering a puzzle idea, however I'd like input. Below is the start of my puzzle, it isn't specific enough at this point to give any hints about the cache's final location. Let me know what you think, both on the idea and what you feel the rating should be.

Well, I hate to be negative, but the whole "list of 15 things: figure out what they have in common and make coords from it" genre of puzzles is, IMO, pretty tired. It's better than the "15 pictures" genre, but they are both pretty tedious to solve.

I much prefer a puzzle with clever clues and hints that fit together to make a solution that can be arrived at by following a logical path. I don't think of massive Googling as fitting into that mold.

Not a problem.

I'm still in the planning phases and don't mind going another direction.