Chirp Programming w/Monterra

Dolfy

I have two seperate chips and I can not program either one of them with my Monterra. The problem is that the Garmin is asking for the pin for the chirp but there should be no pin as the chirp is brand new. I literally just took it out of the package and put the battery in it. I turned on chirp on my Monterra and the screen came up to either "Go" or "Program". I clicked on Program and it shows the Incorrect Pin screen like it had already been programmed. There should be no pin since I never programmed the chirp. I tried doing each one seperately and they both do the same thing. Has anyone else had a problem programming a chirp with their Monterra?

The manual says

Using PIN Entry

As the owner of the chirp, your device automatically creates a PIN-entry

to program the chirp securely. This prevents non-owners (finders) from

reprogramming your chirp. The PIN is the last five digits of the unit ID from

the last Garmin device you used to program the chirp. To find your unit ID,

refer to the owner’s manual for your Garmin device

(http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/Chirp_OM_EN.pdf)

Yeah I've read that but it doens't work. These chirps are acting like they have already been programmed but they are brand new out of the packaging and were never programmed. My unit ID does not work on them and I can't do anything with them. Could it be a Monterra bug?

I tried to programm the Chirp with a Oregon and that was going well!! Now i can programm the Chirp also with the Monterra. There is something going wrong with the first communication between the Monterra and the Chirp.

Maybe the next FW-update is going to solve this problem.