Moving pocket queries to my oregon 450

I have the Oregon 450T and I haven't figured out how to get PQ's on mine either.

But I do know how to delete the caches once you don't need them anymore.

:smile:

Plug your Oregon into your computer.

When the "Autoplay" box comes up click "open folder to view files".

Double click on the "Garmin" folder

Double click on the "gpx" folder inside of the "Garmin" folder.

Then just delete the Cache files you no longer want. :smile:

Hope this helps a little. Let me know if you figure out the Pocket Quiry deal

Once you download your pocket queries to your computer and unzip them if need, you will want to put the two files into the GPSr. Connect your 450 to your computer, it will take a short time for the 450 to boot up and then go into mass storage mode. Open the a computer explorer window like you would with any drive, find the Garmin directory, you can use either the one on the GPSr or on a installed memory card. In the Garmin Directory you should find a file labeled "GPX" this is where you want to place those two files you downloaded. File one *.gpx contains the cache information and file 2 *-wpts.gpx contains waypoints such as trailhead or parking associated with the cache.

Close your windows and disconnect your 450 from the computer. Turn your 450 on and let it boot up. Then you can check to see if the transfer was successful. Every now and then mine fails, and I have to repeat the process, so I always check that I the caches are there, I chose one to GO to and then back out to the main menu and go to geocache and check the description and hint, when that checks out, I head out.

For more information go to http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/ (this is must read information in my opinion)

If you still need help send me a message and we will get together on the phone and I will walk you through the process.

Have fun and good hunting

Jay

GOT BearSoup

There is a significant advantage to placing your Pocket Queries on your external memory. Like GOT BearSoup said, sometimes the GPS chokes on a PQ when booting and does not load all caches. This can be a very sad moment if you are out in the real world away from a computer to fix it. So if you have PQs on your micrSD, just take out the microSD, boot up. This will purge out your bad PQ. Now you can put the microSD back in and boot. This will reload your PQ. If the GPS will not boot properly you probably have a corrupt gpx file.

Edited by Cacheoholic

There is a significant advantage to placing your Pocket Queries on your external memory. Like GOT BearSoup said, sometimes the GPS chokes on a PQ when booting and does not load all caches. This can be a very sad moment if you are out in the real world away from a computer to fix it. So if you have PQ’s on your micrSD, just take out the microSD, boot up. This will purge out your bad PQ. Now you can put the microSD back in and boot. This will reload your PQ. If the GPS will not boot properly you probably have a corrupt gpx file.

Here's another tip I just figured out may help. Follow the instructions by the previous posters. Instead of just dragging the .gpx and the -wpts.gpx to the GPX folder on your Garmin, try the following: right click on the .gpx file and select "extract to the specified folder". Then pick the GPX folder and shazam! Do this for your -wpts.gpx file as well. And, like noted by the previous posters, check at least one cache for updated logs or you'll be hunting for disabled listings like i was last week ;-)