Magellan Explorist GC Download

I am pretty new to this GPS thing, and I recently purchased the Magellan Explorist GC. I was trying to send caches to my gps, and that began the download for the magellan communicator. Unfortunately, the magellan communicator would not complete its downloading, and I received an error message stating "Error -1603." Does anyone have any idea what this means? I would greatly appreciate some help. Thanks!

Did you download and install the Magellan Communicator? It is a pc and mac plugin that lets you download from the webpage here right onto the explorist gc. Other than that you can do it manually too by downloading the gpx file to your computer then drag and dropping it into the 'geocaching' folder on the gps unit.

My hope for the explorist gc is that they someday make a firmware updater for the mac. I'm stuck on 1.0

Good luck! :3

Don't worry if you cannot get Magellan communicator working with ground speak. Some time ground speak has issues and magellan communicator just won't work no matter how many times you uninstall it then reinstall it... Just wait. Eventually Ground Speak fixes the problem and you feel like a heel for obsessing over a problem that did not originate with you. Akuna Matatta... Dudes

I have installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled. I still can't get it to download to my gps. It pops up EVERYTIME that I need to download Megallan communicator. I am getting very frustrated! I bought this gps to take my kids out with and it won't work. UGH!

Schnauzme,

I have the same issue, did you ever figure out how to get it to work??

As a Premium Member, you can run a PQ, load that data by drag 'n drop without having to go through a browser. Browsers are the *usual* problem that fail to recognize a "Communicator" -- Garmin or Magellan.

If using Internet Express, check this fix: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

Many folks switch browsers, Mozilla Firefox seems to the least troublesome.

If using a Mac, there are other fixes.

Helps to know when you ask, just what equipment you are using. "Same issue" is somewhat lacking in those terms.

Note: I wouldn't pay much heed to the info in threads that are four years old. Cellar-scraping is not a good way to get up-to-date information.

Schnauzme,

I have the same issue, did you ever figure out how to get it to work??

As a Premium Member, you can run a PQ, load that data by drag 'n drop without having to go through a browser. Browsers are the *usual* problem that fail to recognize a "Communicator" -- Garmin or Magellan.

If using Internet Express, check this fix: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

Many folks switch browsers, Mozilla Firefox seems to the least troublesome.

If using a Mac, there are other fixes.

Helps to know when you ask, just what equipment you are using. "Same issue" is somewhat lacking in those terms.

Note: I wouldn't pay much heed to the info in threads that are four years old. Cellar-scraping is not a good way to get up-to-date information.

Will the GC work with windows 8? I never had a problem running Vista. I haven't cached in a couple years and was gonna today. Now, I can't get even get win8 to recognize my GC. Is it true that the GC is incompatible with win8? Thanks for any insight, I know this is an old thread.