Downloading comments to geocaching.com

bcamon

I often have a problem with the "Ignore logs before" setting at Geocaching.com. For some reason, it often shows a future date, so that prevents the site from seeing my field notes. For example right now, it is showing "Ignore logs before 07/29/2016 23:47:00". My computer time settings are correct, so I don't know why this happens.

Anyway, the solution is to remove the check mark on this setting Then it will see all the field notes.

BEWARE the use of any quote marks in your notes. Those totally screw up the parsing of field notes at gc.com. Let's just say their parsing isn't exactly 'robust'. Typically, no logs will appear following any log containing a " character.

As suggested - if you don't mind providing us with the geocache_visits.txt info here with copy/paste, it might be worth a look. (That said, to the technically inclined, there are a ton of 00h characters used for padding out 16 bit character support in these logs that do NOT appear in a text file, but must NOT be disturbed. It is often the case that in opening such a file, an editor will strip the 00h characters, making the resulting file, if captured and saved, impossible to ever upload to gc.com).

Edited by ecanderson