adopted cache new owner

pubpool

just wondered as i have adopted a few caches and ive not found them so when i go to check them if i find cache can i log as found as this never used to be mine

cheers dave

Your responsibility of adopting those caches is to maintain them. Can you do that if you've never actually located them? It might also be embarrassing if someone posts a DNF and the new owner can't find them, lol.

Edited by luvvinbird

just wondered as i have adopted a few caches and ive not found them so when i go to check them if i find cache can i log as found as this never used to be mine

cheers dave

Your responsibility of adopting those caches is to maintain them. Can you do that if you've never actually located them? It might also be embarrassing if someone posts a DNF and the new owner can't find them, lol.

Yeah...seems kind of strange to adopt a cache you've never even found. How do you even know you WANT to 'own' them? I mean, normally I would never adopt an LPC cache, so if I found out the cache I'd just adopted was under a lamp skirt I'd probably either change the hide or archive it. I'm not against finding an LPC, but I've never hidden one that way and don't plan to ever own one.