Travel Bug TB616G8

HappyHiker140

To My Fellow Geocachers,

My non-collectable travel bug, #TB616G8, a $1 Gold Coin, was last spotted at a recent gathering of cachers at Gibsons Barbecue in Huntsville, Alabama. It began its journey in Oak Mountain State Park in Pelham, Alabama.

I have been advised by Geocaching.com that my travel bug has been archived so I am reaching out to anyone who may have this item to please put it back in play. Since this is the first travel bug I have dropped in I'm kind of disappointed it has only made one stop and that was in Huntsville. The mission is for it to travel from cache to cache as far as possible.

Thanks for your help.

HappyHiker140 (aka, Chris)

oldspice35124@yahoo.com

To My Fellow Geocachers,

My non-collectable travel bug, #TB616G8, a $1 Gold Coin, was last spotted at a recent gathering of cachers at Gibsons Barbecue in Huntsville, Alabama. It began its journey in Oak Mountain State Park in Pelham, Alabama.

I have been advised by Geocaching.com that my travel bug has been archived so I am reaching out to anyone who may have this item to please put it back in play. Since this is the first travel bug I have dropped in I'm kind of disappointed it has only made one stop and that was in Huntsville. The mission is for it to travel from cache to cache as far as possible.

Thanks for your help.

HappyHiker140 (aka, Chris)

oldspice35124@yahoo.com

Travel Bugs don't get archived.

Your $1Gold Coin was at an event--the event is over and its listing has been archived.

Somebody has it. It just hasn't been logged out of the event yet. You are waaaaaay premature in being disappointed.

It's a sad reality of geocaching life that travel bugs or coins go missing...it can be right away or years down the road...what I generally do is try contacting the last cacher who had it(as previously been posted) and if no response wait to see if it turns up in a cache as more often then not there is a long delay to logging travel bugs in and out of caches. Events can sometimes be the worst place to drop travel items as I've seen first hand. Usually I wait about two years before I consider my tractable gone and consider sending out a "proxy" or secondary travel bug or coin in the place of the original. Remember....when sending out your tractable items, the expectations are that you will never see it again, but the point is to see it travel on its intended path. Hope it works out for you....

Edited by FIREWALKER438