The TB didn't fit so I ________

AustinMN

In response to the thread about why people move caches (real or imagined), I thought some excuses for doing...odd...things with TB's because the trackable will not fit would be in order.

So fill in the blank (please, other than just keeping it):

The trackable woudn't fit in the cache so I _________.

A few I've come up with:

The trackable woudn't fit in the cache so I tied it to a branch on the "nearby" tree.

The trackable woudn't fit in the cache so I cut off the stuffed bear and put that part in a different cache.

The trackable woudn't fit in the cache so I replaced the bison tube with a peanut butter jar.

Austin

The trackable woudn't fit in the cache so I tied it to a branch on the "nearby" tree.

and waited for some newbies to come along, feel sorry for it, and retrieve it. :rolleyes:

It's been stalled here for a while, so we will take it today and move it on soon.

We actually did find a cache large enough for it to fit in. :D

7062b63a-6caa-41d6-b1ef-902f49f54dfe.jpg

B.

A few years ago out here someone moaned to me about how I crammed a TB into one of those plastic jars people use for caches, such as peanut butter jar. I was fascinated by the tale of difficulty they related and berated me for putting it in there. I asked, "Did you try just gently squeezing the container, so the mouth would fit the shape of the TB for easy extraction?" Silence.

Sometimes I think chimps are more clever than cachers.

Oh I got that thing in there alright. Yes it took me an hour. Yes the next person that takes that lid off may lose their hand or shoulder, but that thing went in there.

Now we just have to find a tree hide for this bleeding thing we got stitches up with. Arrived on the doorstep ...

http://coord.info/TB61FH4

It's the size of a frigging shoe!

And it weighs 5 kilos...

Been thinking of getting one of those TB stickers or magnets for my truck (a Ford Ranger, guess what color?) and seeing how long it takes to end up being listed as being inside a cache.

Bent the TB tag itself in half, and left the lid off the container.

I found one this weekend like that. It was in a small tube. The item the TB tag was attached to was small enough to fit in the tube, but the TB tag itself was not. So the tag had been folded in half. It still didn't quite fit so the lid wasn't closed on the container.

Bent the TB tag itself in half, and left the lid off the container.

I found one this weekend like that. It was in a small tube. The item the TB tag was attached to was small enough to fit in the tube, but the TB tag itself was not. So the tag had been folded in half. It still didn't quite fit so the lid wasn't closed on the container.

Seriously that is disgusting. I mean over seen it mentioned on here before about parents stripping a tb of something to give to their child because "they just could not bare to part with it" but to think that it's acceptable to fold the blessed thing up. Wow. Just wow.

The trackable woudn't fit in any cache so I took it to an event, dropped off the TB, signed the log, and ran like heck.
Yeah, I once spent a few weeks with a TB that wanted to visit caches near playgrounds. I was working on a streak at the time, and a lot of the caches near my new job were in parks with playgrounds, so that part of the TB's goal was easy. I posted a lot of photos to the TB's page.

But finding a cache near a playground that is big enough for a TB is difficult. Eventually, I attended an event, and someone else took the TB off my hands.

Dropped off the last of two TBs I brought from Canada, including one that's in a race. I figured this cache, of all caches in Hong Kong I'm likely to visit, will see a lot of visitors on quick airport layovers. (Look behind the cache in its cubbyhole; I won't tell you how many times the admittedly small thing wouldn't fit somewhere. Begone!)

It worked - the thing moved within days. Race on! :)

I drove quite a ways out this past weekend to get a TB out to a TB Hotel near the airport as it needed to jump the pond. I was shocked to find the "TB Hotel" was a small pill bottle!! REALLY?? It had an inventory of 7 listed (which of course we're t there). There was no way my TB would fit in that little thing!! So "when it didn't fit...", I had to locate another larger cache to drop it. Wasted gas out there. Could have dropped it in any ol' reg cache closer to home. Seriously, why use such a small container as a hotel near an airport?? COMMON SENSE PEOPLE!!! Ok. Whew. Got that off my chest. Thanks! ?