Looking for best way to store geocoins.

hofy67

I have a small collection of coins (around 50). I have only really seen 3 different ways to store the coins and none of them really appeal to me.

1. In a box/container. There is no real way to enjoy a collection that is just a pile in some sort of box. Not to mention the flips the coins come in are horrible.

2. In an album. I used to collect currency coins as a kid, and the one thing that always bothered me was the stupid vinyl pages in a 3 ring binder. They would sag and tear out of the binder rings. I also hatedthe ugly stapled cardboard holders that go into the pages. Also the pockets are not big enough for some of the large geocoins today (50-55mm).

3. Shadow boxes. This includes any type of wall frame or table display. Very cluttered looking like an old lady's over filled china cabinet. plus you can only see one side of the coin.

Are there any better ways to store geocoins?

I do like to touch my coins. I need to turn them over and admire the back without remembering on which position on the album page it is.

So I do have most of my coins in (several) boxes.

But the activated ones I've put into a coin collectors drawers box. In my case it's two beba maxibox. The site is in German and not very userfriendly, I'm afraid.

But I'm sure, there are similar boxes availlable in the states as well.

The drawers can have different spaces and all are filled with felt, so the coins are well protected, but open to take out and admire.

13699257415_5334b9f989.jpg

The box is standing on a small table beside my bed, just gives you an idea, how important my coins are...

13699587664_3a3b6af021.jpg

Edit: to add the link again, for some reason I got it wrong...

Edited by ElliPirelli