Garmin 64S micro SD card

sktqch

OK, here's how it is for me.

I can load a PQ list onto GSAK, run my favourite macros to massage the caches to my liking and dump them into my Garmin 64S.

No problem.

I know how to export a database from GSAK onto a micro SD card just fine.

However then things go wonky.

I can insert the card into my Garmin, but do you think I can get the GPS to find the .gpx file? Nope, nothing, nada zip.

Any help would be appreciated.

SKTQCH

I can load a PQ list onto GSAK, run my favourite macros to massage the caches to my liking and dump them into my Garmin 64S.

No problem.

I can insert the card into my Garmin, but do you think I can get the GPS to find the .gpx file? Nope, nothing, nada zip.

GPX files are meant to be in the x:\garmin\gpx directory.

Better option, use the garminExport macro, export as GGZ with waypoints as POI. You can leave the SD card in the GPS too, no need to always take it out every time.

No problem.

GPX files are meant to be in the x:\garmin\gpx directory.

Better option, use the garminExport macro, export as GGZ with waypoints as POI. You can leave the SD card in the GPS too, no need to always take it out every time.

OK, so how does that work when I'm travelling without a computer and I want to take several micro SD cards loaded with different PQ lists, with me to swap out in the field?

Stan

OK, so how does that work when I'm travelling without a computer and I want to take several micro SD cards loaded with different PQ lists, with me to swap out in the field?

Stan

You can do the same for different SD cards and switch them as needed. However, since it looks you're not refreshing you might as well export all caches at once as ggz. I've had 30000 caches as ggz on my Oregon600 without any sign of slowdown.

Stan

You just need to create a \\Garmin\GPX folder on each SD card and put your GPX files in the GPX folder.

If you have a recent Android phone, you might want to look into getting an OTG cable for it so that you can manipulate the files on the 64S while you're away from the computer. You could probably avoid swapping SD cards altogether that way.

Stan

You just need to create a \\Garmin\GPX folder on each SD card and put your GPX files in the GPX folder.

If you have a recent Android phone, you might want to look into getting an OTG cable for it so that you can manipulate the files on the 64S while you're away from the computer. You could probably avoid swapping SD cards altogether that way.

Or in the iPhone/iPad world there are various devices that allow you to connect to a gpsr - to either transfer GPX files to the gpsr/sd card or otherwise manipulate the files wherever you are It's been a long time since I felt like I needed to take my computer on a trip or even connect the gpsr to a computer at home.

Stan

What is the point? The 64S can hold an unlimited number of caches. Put them all on the card at once.