Nokia 6110 Navigator

letofred

Hi, I'm german, so forgive me, taking a strange way of speaking english!

I've owned the Nokia 6110 Navigator and must say, thats an usefull tool to navigate to and search for caches. It's because you get a all-in-one solution for caching. Navigate by car or bicycle to the cache using street- or byfoot-navigation, search for the cache using a simple positioning-program, look for the Geocaching.com site by internet, take a look at the PDF-Dokument and take a foto of the cache .

Seems to be a SwissArmyKnife but there are some difficulties using it: You have to input the coordinates by your self in XX.xxxx°-format, no possibility using a datatransfer. The navigation says: "You reached your goal" if you are nearer than 10 meter.

So if anyone have found a usefull third-party-software using "Serie 60 Symbian 9.2", which will be better - please tell me.

Interesseted in your opinion.

Hi letofred,

I have used a Nokia 5300 with GPS puck and found the same annoyance that you did when the s/w stops navigation when within 10m. This is the dumbest possible design and I told Nokia so. But they are smarter than their customers so we will need to rely on a third party developer to create an application worthy of geocaching.

So far I have not found that 3rd party app.

I'm also owner of a Navigator and interested in better programs for geocaching.

For the dezimal coordinats I take the curreny converter (Währungumrechner) and I load the program "Nokia Sports Tracker", it can recording route and export to google earth, but it is no help to do geocaching.

Sorry for my bad englisch, but i'm too a german.

Hi, I'm german, so forgive me, taking a strange way of speaking english!

I've owned the Nokia 6110 Navigator and must say, thats an usefull tool to navigate to and search for caches. It's because you get a all-in-one solution for caching. Navigate by car or bicycle to the cache using street- or byfoot-navigation, search for the cache using a simple positioning-program, look for the Geocaching.com site by internet, take a look at the PDF-Dokument and take a foto of the cache .

Seems to be a SwissArmyKnife but there are some difficulties using it: You have to input the coordinates by your self in XX.xxxx°-format, no possibility using a datatransfer. The navigation says: "You reached your goal" if you are nearer than 10 meter.

So if anyone have found a usefull third-party-software using "Serie 60 Symbian 9.2", which will be better - please tell me.

Interesseted in your opinion.

In MyWay Navigator Lite you can use integrated GPS, insert your waypoint with dd.hh.mm.ss,sss format (WGS 84) or then put the point as GPX waypoint in to target folder. With compass view you are able to get guidance as close as possible, or in forest you can see your and waypoint's position on terrain map (also in Germany)

Oh, could be interesting, but not very cheap.

I found TrekBuddy, its Opensource, and works with the Navigator.

You can change the format of the Waypoint input to what you want, also to

dd°mm.mmm and with the Atlas Creator(find in tools) you have a good instrument to create your own maps(from google maps)

Edited by Lilifan