Mini usb

peem

Garmin has made many hundreds if not thousands of devices. Some of them have mini-USB sockets. Some of those devices came with cables. There are many hundreds, if not thousands, of tablets running a variety of operating systems. Those operating systems and their associated hardware as well as the vagaries of things like USB On The Go and the presence or absence of any needed software to do what you're actually seeking makes this a bit of a riddle.

Can you please try to focus your question down a little? What Garmin are you trying to connect to what Tablet and what are you trying to do? It'll really help you get better answers.

Cheers for the answers everybody.

robertlipe, it's a Garmin Oregon 700. As I originally said, "I'm thinking about getting a tablet". At the moment I'm unsure which one. The answers from Great Scott and Timpat give me a starting point.

I take your point about the number of devices Garmin make. Apologies for being vague.

I suppose one of the reasons for asking is that if I go abroad I can keep up with geocaching, I can see if any new caches are around wherever I happen to be,I can maybe log finds (and sadly dnf's) using the tablet. Obviously I'd be using it for things other than geocaching.

So to find something like the suggestions of Great Scott and Timpat would suit me fine.

In a nutshell, I find a tablet I like and then find out if Garmin has a cable with the mini usb to fit that tablet and the 700.

Thanks again.

With it being a 700, you can see caches and log right from the GPS as long as you are connected to a device (smartphone or tablet) via bluetooth and the smartphone has cellular service. You can also download PQs right from Geocaching.com onto the 700 too without first downloading to a tablet and then transferring to the 700.

An Android tablet will most likely have a micro USB socket. Buy an OTG cable and use that to connect to your Garmin which will most likely have a mini USB socket. I can transfer caches and PQ's from my Samsung phone and tablet to my GPSMAP 64st pretty easily.