CITO

I am moving this thread from the Geocaching Topics forum to the CITO forum.

It is always a good idea to contact the park where you'd like to perform formal CITO. How else will geocachers get the credit for the good work that we do? When I hosted the world's first CITO Event, that was my primary motivation, and it worked great -- a park manager that previously removed a geocache became very pro-geocaching after 50 people cleaned up trash and did trail maintenance.

Just my opinion.

It is always a good idea to contact the park where you'd like to perform formal CITO. How else will geocachers get the credit for the good work that we do? When I hosted the world's first CITO Event, that was my primary motivation, and it worked great -- a park manager that previously removed a geocache became very pro-geocaching after 50 people cleaned up trash and did trail maintenance.

Exactly, this is your opportunity to create good relations with the TRCA. It would be bad form to have all your participants kicked out of the park on the day of the event so go ahead and reach out to them. If they say NO I am sure you can find another area worthy of a cleanup. Good luck with your first CITO event.