Someone filled my cache with feces and urine

I am so utterly disgusted by this I just have to talk about it.I had a log today that my cache had a bag of feces in it, and the inside was also filled with urine.

What the hell is wrong with people? Thankfully someone cleaned it out as best they could but I posted a owner log for people to not

touch it until I can get there to change it and move it. About 2 months back someone put a pill bottle cache inside my cache and I

took it out and made a note on my log and description that this is illegal and if they needed help finding their own location

that I saved the bottle and would help them find a place to hide theirs. I have a feeling it was them, of course they did not

register the cache on the site but did have an official cache sticker on the bottle.

I am a nurse and this is absolutely disgusting to me.

Sorry I just had to tell others about this in case it becomes a problem for others as well.

You are not the first. You will not be the last.

Unfortunately, some humans do not rise to the same level of dignity of animals, never mind other humans.

I suspect being young, male, and possibly having access to alcohol can also be contributing factors.

Happened in a few places, and our first experience (with another's cache) was in '05.

When caught (yeah, gross - he was caught...), we were surprised to find it was a person of adult age.

Like anything else, gotta realize there's some real pigs/nutjobs in this World.

When I was still on the street, a burglar's calling card was similar.

Unfortunately, sometimes the game does fall victim to non-player vandals looking for a cheap thrill, or disgruntled players who lack the capacity to moderate their behaviour. It's not your fault, it's likely not personal, and it probably won't happen to you again. The best thing to do is to take the cache out of play for a while, and replace it in a few weeks or a couple of months. By then, the culprit will likely lose interest.

I've been fortunate in that I've never had any of my caches vandalized in this way. I have, however, found caches in that condition. I was glad it was me, and not a family with young children just learning about caching, who found them.

If it happens once, chances are pretty good it's the random act of some inbred halfwit moron. If it happens more than once, it's on purpose.

A few local caches were vandalized in this manner several years ago. Some were archived. Some were disabled for a while, and then replaced and enabled after several weeks had passed. As far as I know, none of the caches in the area were ever vandalized in this manner again.

Just to add some insight to the issue and afflication, I found this information online:

In young children, voluntary encopresis may represent a power struggle between the child and the caregiver doing the toilet training. In older children, voluntary encopresis is often associated with oppositional defiant disorder (ODD), conduct disorder , sexual abuse , or high levels of psychological stressors. Read more: http://www.minddisor...l#ixzz4FAZMzbBE

Edited by L0ne.R

I've never heard of this. Incredible. I made the cache premium only now,not sure if it will help but I figure it cant hurt. Also going to move it I think. Ridiculous.

It happens, I remember back when I was a Cub turning up one night to find the door to the scout hall smeared with the stuff. Sadly some people never really get it.

I've never heard of this. Incredible. I made the cache premium only now,not sure if it will help but I figure it cant hurt. Also going to move it I think. Ridiculous.

It happens, I remember back when I was a Cub turning up one night to find the door to the scout hall smeared with the stuff. Sadly some people never really get it.

It happened to one of my caches several years ago. I am pretty sure it was kids being stupid as a newly built tree fort took over the tree the cache used to hang in.

wow I had never heard of this in all my days of geocaching. Sorry to post about it here. I just had to let someone know I guess lol. I disabled it. I'll probably move it and keep it premium members only. Not sure if that will help. I guess stuff happens. Literally.

This happened to the Colorado GeoArt. Cachers were finding feces and urine in some of the containers most likely by the workers of the fields (not the owners) that didn't want the caches in the fields even though the CO got permission to place them. Recently I have been finding nasty notes left at caches and one someone put a cache container near my actual container which was well hidden. There was note inside saying something I won't repeat. I removed that container, compared logs on mine with the name on the note and so far no one claimed a found on it.

This happened to the Colorado GeoArt. Cachers were finding feces and urine in some of the containers most likely by the workers of the fields (not the owners) that didn't want the caches in the fields even though the CO got permission to place them. Recently I have been finding nasty notes left at caches and one someone put a cache container near my actual container which was well hidden. There was note inside saying something I won't repeat. I removed that container, compared logs on mine with the name on the note and so far no one claimed a found on it.

I dont believe that. How you get permission for close to 1000 cache placements? Of what I was told, many of the caches were questionable. Placing caches too close to farmers water pumps and etc... not good at all.

About a year ago we had a series of vandalised caches in our area. Due to some clever sluething by a local cacher in the security business the kids were sprung and chastised.

BUT they or one of them is at it again. Check their finds. The account has been locked. Even posted his pic in avata.

https://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=d03c5b7c-2d5d-4f4d-bfed-5fe7de857567

Hate to burst your bubble, but that photo is the #2 image that comes up when one searches "pizza hat." So I'm going to go with no, that's not really their picture.

Glad their account is locked, though.

edit: ok, just found this little incongruous gem...enjoy

Edited by hzoi

I suspect being young, male, and possibly having access to alcohol can also be contributing factors.

We set up a trail cam once and the Mad Pooper was a woman in her 40's and a non-drinker.

Holy crap! excuse the pun. Unfortunately it seems no matter what realm of interests we can get into, there are lurkers, trolls, [removed]

sorry that happened.

Todd

Edited by Cascade Reviewer
Removed modified potty language

I am so utterly disgusted by this I just have to talk about it.I had a log today that my cache had a bag of feces in it, and the inside was also filled with urine.

What the hell is wrong with people? Thankfully someone cleaned it out as best they could but I posted a owner log for people to not

touch it until I can get there to change it and move it. About 2 months back someone put a pill bottle cache inside my cache and I

took it out and made a note on my log and description that this is illegal and if they needed help finding their own location

that I saved the bottle and would help them find a place to hide theirs. I have a feeling it was them, of course they did not

register the cache on the site but did have an official cache sticker on the bottle.

I am a nurse and this is absolutely disgusting to me.

Sorry I just had to tell others about this in case it becomes a problem for others as well.

Sorry this happened to you.. as others have said, it has happened before. We found one full of urine not that long ago in Ohio, posted NM, contacted owner.

At any rate glad to see your cache is back up and running at this point, and cachers are enjoying the find!

Hate to burst your bubble, but that photo is the #2 image that comes up when one searches "pizza hat." So I'm going to go with no, that's not really their picture.

Same here, but sure hope people don't think I look like my avatars that I use here. :laughing:

It isn't?

eabeeb8e-b636-42c5-a804-e5f64780a433.png

You sure?

Same here, but sure hope people don't think I look like my avatars that I use here. :laughing:

It isn't?

You sure?

No, that is actually Miley Cyrus. I look more like a Drop Bear at a Furrie convention in one of those. :D

It isn't?

You sure?

No, that is actually Miley Cyrus. I look more like a Drop Bear at a Furrie convention in one of those. :D

I am disappoint.

About a year ago we had a series of vandalised caches in our area. Due to some clever sluething by a local cacher in the security business the kids were sprung and chastised.

BUT they or one of them is at it again. Check their finds. The account has been locked. Even posted his pic in avata.

https://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=d03c5b7c-2d5d-4f4d-bfed-5fe7de857567

edit: ok, just found this little incongruous gem...enjoy

My bad (eyes).

It isn't?

You sure?

I am disappoint.

"Eat more possum"! You'd be welcome in New Zealand.

"Eat more possum"! You'd be welcome in New Zealand.

Yeah, but those are the cute furry looking ones. :) North American Possums are more like a 10 lb. Wombat rat that hangs by it's tail in a tree. :laughing:

Um, yeah... no.... vicious little buggers who devour our native flora - you can eat as many as you want of our possums. It's only Australians who consider them cute and class them as protected.

Anyway, veering back towards the topic, I don't believe a possum has ever defecated in a cache. Eaten through a few though, I suspect.

Edited by funkymunkyzone

Anyway, veering back towards the topic, I don't believe a possum has ever defecated in a cache. Eaten through a few though, I suspect.

They are the # 1 reason not to leave anything that smells like food in a cache. They will chew them up. :laughing:

Yep, them and rats.

They are the # 1 reason not to leave anything that smells like food in a cache. They will chew them up. :laughing:

Yep, them and rats.

Being an North Jersey cacher, I find that black bears enjoy chewing on plastic containers. There are over 3000 black bear in New Jersey. It doesn't matter if there were ever food in the cache. "It's plastic. Let's chew on it!"