Remove blue faces

peem

Silly question I suppose and I think I know the answer but here goes.

I haven't looked at my dnf's on the geocaching site for a while. When I did I was surprised at how many there were so I decided to do some revisits. Again I was surprised when looking at them at how many I had been back to and subsequently found. So my question is, If I were to delete the dnf's that I've now found, would that remove them from the list of logs on that particular geocache page (which I don't want to do) or just from my list of dnf's?

If you delete your DNF log, then it will no longer show on the cache page or in your history of DNF logs. Cache pages will show the blue frown if you logged a DNF, but that icon will turn into a yellow smiley if you subsequently find that cache. Subsequent 'Found It' logs will not remove your DNF logs from the cache page or your log history.

You may find this sorta related thread interesting: Logging finds on previous DNFs

I was surprised to see ( kinda) that if I posted a DNF on a particular cache several times, that each DNF went into the count. As opposed to it just being once, because it was the same cache, but whatevers.....I need an award for how many I have, lol.

I was surprised to see ( kinda) that if I posted a DNF on a particular cache several times, that each DNF went into the count. As opposed to it just being once, because it was the same cache, but whatevers.....I need an award for how many I have, lol.

It's similar to the find count. If multiple 'Found It' logs were submitted on the same cache, then each log would iterate the find count.

Yes I had a feeling that would be the answer. I think I would rather leave it where it is. Thanks all.

To some degree it is a game of statistics and these are still a statistic. Perhaps of interest to someone, somewhere. I tend to be more LIFO (an accounting term) in my view of cache disposition in regard to my locating acumen/luck.