explorist 210 currently contains no map

If you can get the GPS hooked up to the PC in data transfer mode, you can download a basemap replacement from here. The trick may be getting it past the message you are seeing. There are some service functions listed on the same site that might help to that end.

I'd agree that if you can easily return or exchange it, that may be the best thing to do. Sending it to Magellan can eat up a couple weeks' time, so I would do that only if I had to.

If you can get the GPS hooked up to the PC in data transfer mode, you can download a basemap replacement from here. The trick may be getting it past the message you are seeing. There are some service functions listed on the same site that might help to that end.

I'd agree that if you can easily return or exchange it, that may be the best thing to do. Sending it to Magellan can eat up a couple weeks' time, so I would do that only if I had to.

Thank you!!! That was the magic.

Thank you!!! That was the magic.

This worked like a charm. Thank you for posting. Like others, I found Magellan support to be of no value. All they did was try to sell me a new unit.