link to blog entry in "found it" log?

Curious what your thoughts on this would be! Would it be considered inappropriate to include a link to my blog entry as part of a "found it" log? Usually my blog includes details that I would consider superfluous, but even more so would be the pictures I might post. I don't want to attach every picture to my log entry because then they'll be associated with that cache (and that wouldn't always make sense). I'm thinking that the CO might be interested in reading the whole unexpurgated version of my experience, but I've never seen it done before. Comments please! :)

If you have a lot to say about a cache that you've found, why not write it in the log? A geocaching blog is a nice way to tie things together but it shouldn't replace the logging experience.

I completely agree and have no problem with typing a long log entry. However, I maxed out the 4000 character limit by 20%! Yes, I could continue in a note, but I also add extra pictures in my blog that I wouldn't feel comfortable posting along with the log entry...

If you have a lot to say about a cache that you've found, why not write it in the log? A geocaching blog is a nice way to tie things together but it shouldn't replace the logging experience.

I completely agree and have no problem with typing a long log entry. However, I maxed out the 4000 character limit by 20%! Yes, I could continue in a note, but I also add extra pictures in my blog that I wouldn't feel comfortable posting along with the log entry...

I'd say you're fine then. Do you know how to post a link to the blog post in BB code in your log? Because very, very few people know how to do that. Not that it's hard to do it or anything. :P

Make sure it doesn't seem as if you are just advertising your blog. And don't fall into the trap of thinking the link can replace your actual log entry. But if you have a good log entry and you end it with a link to more about your day of geocaching or just more about that cache, I think that's fine. It's a great alternative to the obnoxious practice of putting a repetitious cut&paste report on the entire caching trip in every single log.

Keep in mind that people out in the field will sometimes see the actual link even if you put it in a url tag, so anything you can do to keep the link itself short would be appreciated.

Really nice blog! I would love to read that as a cache log, but I understand that you want to be able to write more without the worry of spoilers, or spoiler pictures. Either way would be find with me as a CO, but it would be easier to read it as a log notification rather than having to visit the blog site.