Magellan Explorist GC

PairO'Balls

I just bought a Magellan Explorist GC and I am trying to load caches from my computer. The device says it is connected but it never shows up on my computer past asking if I want to scan the device. The pop up window always says it cannot detect a comparable device. The communicator has been installed. I am running Windows 10. Anyone have any advice before I give up?

I have a Magellan Explorist too and have never had the communicator work. Can't say I have had the problem of the computer not recognising the GPS. Have you turned on the GPS after it is plugged into the USB and selected PC? That is what I do, then I just copy a PQ across.

Disclaimer - I'm on Windows 8.1, not 10

I had the same problem when I upgraded and bought a new laptop. My Explorist would not communicate with Windows10. I tried several apps and downloads for my laptop with no avail. However, I did finally find a great fix. At the time, My Explorist GC was running V1.7. After I upgraded the Explorist GC software to V2.5 things started working again and Windows10 recognized and was able to communicate with the Explorist GC. Follow the directions during the install. It took mine about 30 minutes to upgrade. Here is the link.

http://support.magellangps.com/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=62&pcid=24&nav=0,18,24

eXplorist GC - Software Version 2.15 - PC