Montana 610 - How do you go back to the map?

MarkandTor

Am I missing something...

Just took our new Montana 610 out today. After finding a geocache, we went through the log attempt, found, done menu. After this it just took us back to the list of caches. How do you get back to the map, dashboard or any other screen from there as it seems to only let us choose another cache to go to. Regularly we just want to go back to the map rather than go to a cache.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

There is an arrow pointing left, at the bottom of the screen. Hold the arrow to get back to the main menu. Then you should be able to see the map.

Thanks but there isn't an arrow pointing left, only the down arrow to scroll down the list.

Odd.

This is a roundabout way to do it, but what if you picked one of the caches from the list and said to navigate to it? Can you X out of the screen from there?

Or if "Done" is taking you to the "View your geocaches" screen and not a list of nearby geocaches, try the X in the lower left corner.

Edited by msrubble

Thank you again for your reply...

Tried the first option and doing that takes me back to the list of caches without a cross or return arrow on the screen.

The cross isn't there on the second suggestion.

It's confusing me as logically there should be an option to get out of the geocache screen, and your suggestions make sense but there just isn't a cross or return arrow as there is on other screens!

Edited by MarkandTor

Just plugged it in to update and it says it is the latest software, have tried reinstalling it to see if that helps

OK, sorry, I do not yet have one, mine should be here is a couple more days, then I can help more :)

Newer Garmin GPSr usually receive updates regularly every 6-8 weeks for the first few months after initial release.

Last update was NOV 27, should be another one any day.

Edited by Atlas Cached

Does that image show up? I'm having difficulty posting a pic on here as it just wants a web address for it - is there a way of cutting and pasting a pic into the forum?

Sure would like to see a screen capture of what you are describing!

My new Montana 680t just showed up today and I am unable to duplicate the behavior you describe!

[...]

That is not a Montana screen shot....

Right, it's from an Oregon 600. I assumed that the new Montanas do have the new GUI firmware as well. My fault assuming so. :rolleyes:

Could you provide the screenshot?

Hans

Yes, I just received my new 680t yesterday, and am immediately disappointed that they did not carry over the Oregon 6x0 Geocaching User Interface. I sent off an email to Garmin asking if this is planned for a future update, or did they just add GLONASS and Current Track application and call it good? I'm hoping the 610/680 series will be getting some additional functions and features in the coming months....

Here is the screenshot requested:

680t%20Geocache%20List%20-%20No%20Back%20or%20Exit%20Icon%20v2.png