Free Michelin Tires trackable and competition

Pan314159

Too bad it's again a US thing only.

As G$ is charging Europeans a 30% more on the membership, they definitely should get sth running over here sometime soon too!

Everybody in the US: Have fun and enjoy! :)

Get someone there to cough up bucks as a sponsor and you're good.

The rules are made by Michelin.

Your whine doesn't have anything to do with Groundspeak. :)

As G$ is charging Europeans a 30% more on the membership, they definitely should get sth running over here sometime soon too!

Well, I am definetely not going to do the work of G$ to find them someone that sponsors them sth in Europe.

And just so you know, I am definetely not dumb and know that in this case Michelin made the rules, which is totally fine. Which was not even my point.

I just pointed out that as G$ earns more money in Europe and should therefore also take care of their European customers. I doubt Michelin walked up to G$ I think G$ sold them this, so it is very clearly a G$ thing.

And now please take YOUR "whine" and bother someone else with your smart thoughts!

This was my last reply to this thread. So go ahead and talk bad about me if you got nothing else to do.

Well, I am definetely not going to do the work of G$ to find them someone that sponsors them sth in Europe.

And just so you know, I am definetely not dumb and know that in this case Michelin made the rules, which is totally fine. Which was not even my point.

I just pointed out that as G$ earns more money in Europe and should therefore also take care of their European customers. I doubt Michelin walked up to G$ I think G$ sold them this, so it is very clearly a G$ thing.

And now please take YOUR "whine" and bother someone else with your smart thoughts!

This was my last reply to this thread. So go ahead and talk bad about me if you got nothing else to do.

I'm so confused by your response.

Advertisers go to Groundspeak and set the rules for the deal. Groundspeak doesn't hate you, I'm sure they don't hate Europe either.

PM me next time you renew, I'll figure the price and currency difference and mail that to you if you'll consider it.

My brother, several local cachers and myself all signed up for these on the first day. As of now only one has received theirs. Getting really tired of this sort of deal.

The word on these was out long before the midnight start time so I'm sure there were a BUNCH of cachers just waiting for midnight of the start date. We were.

You also mention you and your brother, and other local cachers ... how many at the same address? Regardless of cacher name or e-mail addy, most of these promo 'gifts' have been limited to one to each address. You also said "on the first day". What TIME the first day? If it wasn't within the first hour or so you were probably way too late in the long list of sign-ups. There's over 6 million cachers worldwide ... there must be several million here in U.S. .... for just a few hundred tags ....

Just sayin' ... If you send them a note ... maybe they'll give you a refund ... :blink:

7d89bdea-7532-4259-9ea4-d0811361efb0.jpg

---------------------

Never, although I don't know that you'll see this. :lol: The last time Groundspeak had a European only promotion, There were HUNDREDS of notes posted to the cache pages calling them hypocritical for violating their own "no commecial caches" guidelines. Timberland Trail of Heroes. They took down the links to all the caches, and they're surely archived, so I wouldn't have a clue where to find one. But believe me, it didn't go over very well with lots of European Cachers. And it was long before "extra money for VAT" thing, too.

P.S. I'm not saying for one second that Groundspeak hasn't had another one because of the notes that were posted. They do seem to have to work on some European marketing though. Hey, enjoy your Giga Events, no one over here asked for them. I don't know that anyone ever even thought about such a thing over here. :P

I did get one, which I released promptly.

Yesterday I checked the map and saw where there was another one in a cache nearby, so this morning I stopped to pick it up and move it along on its adventures.

I was pleased to note that neither of these relied on that ball chain that came with it for an attachment method :)

Yesterday I checked the map and saw where there was another one in a cache nearby, so this morning I stopped to pick it up and move it along on its adventures.

I was pleased to note that neither of these relied on that ball chain that came with it for an attachment method :)

How were they attached ... :lostsignal:

<_< Still no sign of the Tire Bug, even after signing up 43 minutes after opening and having the site say that I was signed up to receive one.

Yeah, sure?

According to the Map 98% of these items are on the east coast. :blink::unsure:

and part of that percentage as well as Wimpy Kid tags are on ebay for sale. ... :mad:

How were they attached ... :lostsignal:

I attached mine with a ziptie, my goto method these days.

The other one used a zipper pull type clip.

Been following these trackables along, but so far, all i've seen in the locations around me are owners who are taking their trackable from cache to cache and not releasing them. i guess it increases their chances of winning, but it takes some of the fun out of the game for the rest of us who might like to participate and didn't know about the contest in time to register for one.

Just got mine about a week ago. The Michelin man has an odd 'window' in his back with what looks to be a small solar panel in it - it could be a LED light. The man actually unscrews and there is a battery and a circuit board inside, connected to the LED or solar panel. What is it? There is no button or switch anywhere to activate the electronics, and it isn't doing anything. Any guesses? Anyone else notice this?

Dave

Just got mine about a week ago. The Michelin man has an odd 'window' in his back with what looks to be a small solar panel in it - it could be a LED light. The man actually unscrews and there is a battery and a circuit board inside, connected to the LED or solar panel. What is it? There is no button or switch anywhere to activate the electronics, and it isn't doing anything. Any guesses? Anyone else notice this?

Dave

I thought they were supposed to be digital tire gauges?

Dave

I thought they were supposed to be digital tire gauges?

Doh! It was so long between when I 'ordered' it and when I got it that I totally forgot about that! It is a digital tire gauge and it works!