TB-adopt a listing web page

jel123

I want to transfer ownership of TB to friend. I put in the reference # to put it up for adoption but I get a message that says "You have not been asked to adopt this listing."

The webpage I am using is:

http://www.geocaching.com/adopt/

In the 'look-up' dialogue box make sure you are using the TB# of the item you wish to transfer owner ship of and not the actual code that is on the geocoin/travelbug. You find the TB # on the left side of the web page of the trackable

I want to transfer ownership of TB to friend

The account you've used to make this post owns no trackables.

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?id=10184251

Perhaps some other Geocaching.com account you have access to owns activated trackables. That's the account that would need to use make the transfer.

Alternately, I wonder if you've purchased a TB, but not yet activated it on Geocaching.com? if that's the case, you don't need the adoption page.

You can simply give the item to your friend, unactivated. They can activate it under their account.

If you're holding in inventory a trackable, belonging to someone else, you can't adopt it to another user. It's not yours to adopt out. If you want to hand off a trackable that you grabbed from a cache to another cacher, they just use the tracking number to "grab" it from your inventory into their inventory.

Edited by palmetto

the trackable belongs to someone else.....I gave it to a friend and she placed it in a cache.....however I did not write down the code printed on the coin (lesson learned) and my friend will not be able to get it either....

what are my options......do I contact the owner of the coin and ask for the code # on the coin?

thanks for your help

I'm still confused. You're wanting to transfer ownership to someone, but you don't own it. Did the original owner want you to own it and be able to transfer ownership to another person? If that's the case, then the original owner would need to first adopt it to you. Maybe you're referring to discovering the coin to get the log and icon in which case you would need the number on the coin to log.

I'm still confused. You're wanting to transfer ownership to someone, but you don't own it. Did the original owner want you to own it and be able to transfer ownership to another person? If that's the case, then the original owner would need to first adopt it to you. Maybe you're referring to discovering the coin to get the log and icon in which case you would need the number on the coin to log.

Best I can work out.

They found a cache with a TB.

They took the TB. (Which may, or may not have a Retrieved log)

They handed the TB to a friend, who has placed the TB in to another cache.

Just means the next cacher to find the TB will have to Grab it from where-ever it is listed at the moment, unless something gets sorted with the help of the TB owner.

At least it's still in the game. :)