Release Notes (Website: "Select All" from search and add to List) - May 26, 2016

Read previous Release Notes

Release Notes - May 26, 2016

With today’s update, you can now “Select All” results from a search and add them to a list. (Lists are a Premium Member feature.)

•  

• Once you’ve performed a search, check the header box to the left of Geocache Name.

ec162e77-b5cb-4b7f-9b00-c59f154a101a_l.jpg

• Checking the box will select all caches in the search results (up to the first 1,000)

004cda52-f512-4911-b3f5-520b2852ef36_l.jpg

• You can then add the selected caches to a new or saved list. (A list can contain a maximum of 1,000 caches.)

• The lists you create on the website are accessible to you in the free Geocaching® app, and vice versa.

Ben H of HQ’s Product Team will follow this thread and answer questions about this feature when possible.

[...]

• You can then add the selected caches to a new or saved list. (A list can contain a maximum of 1,000 caches.) [...]

I'm still missing the "Ignore List" within the list. When I list my bookmark lists via the Api the Ignore List is shown as part of my bookmark lists. This should be added here as well.

Thanks

Hans

NB: Is a Gpx download still in the works for us old fashioned Gpsr users?

NB: Is a Gpx download still in the works for us old fashioned Gpsr users?

Until that time, you can create the List, then make a PQ from the List, and download that as a GPX.

That's actually what I do. But its pretty suboptimal. :blink:

Hans

Edited by HHL

Is a Gpx download still in the works for us old fashioned Gpsr users?

Yes, we're still investigating options for delivering search results to standalone GPS devices.

Thanks. That's much appreciated. :D

Hans

It seems that the Recent Logs page has disappeared. Why it that?

Was that the same as this one, or something different?

(This one still works, whew.)

No, it was a page where 200 recent logs from all over the world were shown. So, logs from a multitude of different geocachers from all over the world. The list was refreshed every minute or so.

Edited by SnitserNL

I think you're mistaken. As I read it, the topic is "Release Notes - May 26, 2016".

So, in my opinion it is meant to discuss the changes affected with this release. And I think the page was removed during this release's downtime. So this is the right topic to ask this question.

Edited by SnitserNL

I think you're mistaken. As I read it, the topic is "Release Notes - May 26, 2016".

So, in my opinion it is meant to discuss the changes affected with this release. And I think the page was removed during this release's downtime. So this is the right topic to ask this question.

I fully agree.

Showing this 'old' page to new candidates was showing the world caching - in real time! Fantastic!!

Prior to the most recent site update, was there a link to this page somewhere on the website, or was this an old page that you bookmarked? If it was an old page that wasn't linked from anywhere anymore, I can understand why Groundspeak would simply remove it, because it wasn't intended to be viewed anyway.

Prior to the most recent site update, was there a link to this page somewhere on the website, or was this an old page that you bookmarked? If it was an old page that wasn't linked from anywhere anymore, I can understand why Groundspeak would simply remove it, because it wasn't intended to be viewed anyway.

It was presented as a good starting point for new cachers. Why would one create such a page if it was not intended to be viewed?

Certainly, it was an old page; it has been there for many years. But is that in itself a reason to remove it? I sent a feature request to Groundspeak about a year ago to make it possible to filter on country. They replied that they would suggest it to the development team. As it looks now they did not, but they decided to remove it completely instead.

A lot of pages on this site have been refurbished over the last few years, for the better. If an alternative is presented for this page, it is OK with me. But right now, the only thing I notice is that the old one has been removed, and nobody seems to be willing to communicate about the reasons behind this action or whether an alternative will be presented.

Not very transparent, in my opinion ...

Edited by SnitserNL

Read previous Release Notes

Release Notes - May 26, 2016

With today’s update, you can now “Select All” results from a search and add them to a list. (Lists are a Premium Member feature.)

•  
  • Once you’ve performed a search, check the header box to the left of Geocache Name.

ec162e77-b5cb-4b7f-9b00-c59f154a101a_l.jpg

• Checking the box will select all caches in the search results (up to the first 1,000)

004cda52-f512-4911-b3f5-520b2852ef36_l.jpg

• You can then add the selected caches to a new or saved list. (A list can contain a maximum of 1,000 caches.)

• The lists you create on the website are accessible to you in the free Geocaching® app, and vice versa.

Ben H of HQ’s Product Team will follow this thread and answer questions about this feature when possible.

Regarding the 43 ft...or something in the image, why does it say 43 ft, and it doesn't say it for my ifi'm really course?