Paperless on Garmin eTrex 20?

Aodhfin

OK, so I have an Garmin eTrex 20 (wish I had bought the 30 with the compass). I download geocaches to it from geocaching.com. I go find (or attempt to find) a cache in the field. Log the attempt or the find on the eTrex.

Now, how do I get that logging from the eTrex back to geocaching.com so that it shows up in my profile? Do you have to connect it with Garmin BaseCamp? Is there another way it has to be done?

Thank you, that is what I was looking for.

BTW, do you know if Garmin BaseCamp communicates back to geocaching.com? I don't think it does, but I wouldn't want duplication of logs as BaseCamp also picks up on the attempts.

No, it doesn't. (As far as I know! :laughing: )

Field Notes aren't loaded automatically, you have to enter/edit your log, then 'Press' to send the log to Groundspeak.

I did see that, and that's fine - just needed a way :)

Thank you, that is what I was looking for.

BTW, do you know if Garmin BaseCamp communicates back to geocaching.com? I don't think it does, but I wouldn't want duplication of logs as BaseCamp also picks up on the attempts.

No, it doesn't. (As far as I know! :laughing: )

Field Notes aren't loaded automatically, you have to enter/edit your log, then 'Press' to send the log to Groundspeak.