Cache covered with Leafs

DevinCameron

Ok so heres my problem

I placed a Medium Cache (GC5FBWR) a Busy Area (Difficulty 3.5) covered with leafs a recent log by Maureen69: "Busy spot but kept looking at watch as though waiting on someone. I think your cover may be blown if it gets windy again.". Made me realise that when the windy weather does come the leafs will be blown away. Should i Dig about 3/4 Of it into the ground then cover with leafs, Or Somthing else PLEASE HELP

Ok so heres my problem

I placed a Medium Cache (GC5FBWR) a Busy Area (Difficulty 3.5) covered with leafs a recent log by Maureen69: "Busy spot but kept looking at watch as though waiting on someone. I think your cover may be blown if it gets windy again.". Made me realise that when the windy weather does come the leafs will be blown away. Should i Dig about 3/4 Of it into the ground then cover with leafs, Or Somthing else PLEASE HELP

Read the Guidelines:

Geocaches are never buried, neither partially nor completely.

If one has to dig or create a hole in the ground when placing or finding a geocache, it is not allowed.

Or, rather, READ them AGAIN, as you ticked a box to say you HAD read them...

Find another way to hide your cache, that does not require you to DIG, as digging is NOT allowed.

Ok so heres my problem

No. Did you read the Listing Requirements/Guidelines?

- Specifically #3 - "Geocaches are never buried, neither partially nor completely".

If this is such a busy area, maybe think of another cache placement close by (moving it a bit), that has some natural protection.

Sounds like he just covered his cache with leaves. It was someone who found it that thought to dig a hole for it. I would think covering it with leaves would kind of be like covering it with a geo-pile of sticks? I would respond to the finder and say NO please don't dig a hole for it.

My bold.

I must be missing something because I can't see how you came to this conclusion.

Sounds like he just covered his cache with leaves. It was someone who found it that thought to dig a hole for it. I would think covering it with leaves would kind of be like covering it with a geo-pile of sticks? I would respond to the finder and say NO please don't dig a hole for it.

My bold.

I must be missing something because I can't see how you came to this conclusion.

Opps. My bad. I miss read the " " and thought that whole ending was a log. Then the PLEASE HELP was from him.

The answer is NO you shouldn't dig a hole for it. There is other ways you can camo it I am sure. Digging is not the answer.

It sounds like you just put the cache in the open with some leaves over it? Unless there's more to it and you just didn't describe it to us fully.

When hiding a cache, it's best to tuck it up next to or under something - a tree, bush, rocks, log, etc. so that they partially hide the container. Then, you can cover it with rocks, sticks, bark, or leaves, depending on how hidden it already is.

It sounds like you just put the cache in the open with some leaves over it? Unless there's more to it and you just didn't describe it to us fully.

When hiding a cache, it's best to tuck it up next to or under something - a tree, bush, rocks, log, etc. so that they partially hide the container. Then, you can cover it with rocks, sticks, bark, or leaves, depending on how hidden it already is.

There's a spoiler photo (posted by the CO) on the cache page.

I didn't look as far as the gallery on the cache page. :P

I didn't look as far as the gallery on the cache page. :P

The spoiler photo suggests that it's protected, not totally out in the open.