Selling most of my coins

ThirstyMick

So in the past few weeks I've been selling a lot of my older (2006-07 mostly) coins on the much loved/hated/drama-inducing e-place. No crisis to pay for, I just lost interest awhile ago and they've been collecting dust in my closet. It feels good sending them off to new homes, if a little sad.

..and I know I just faded away. Everything is great with me though, I just lost interest. I do miss this community though, I've met a lot of really really wonderful people in this forum!

But anyway, the point of this thread is, there's one coin I'm really not sure what to do about. It's a "Breath of Life - Fighting Cystic Fibrosis" coin from 2007. It seems to somehow have been issued a duplicate tracking number, as it's number has already been activated. The owner of the other coin uses it to dip in and out of caches (and so very clearly still has it in her possession - I did NOT steal a traveler!). I think I recall CastleMan is no longer making coins, and it's probably well well past the point of bothering him about it anyway...

So, if there's anybody who wants it for their collection with the understanding the tracking number is useless.... It'll be in the mail monday to the first person who emails me their address through my profile! It's free, I'm just looking to move it to a home where it'll be appreciated :)

This is the original thread http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=161300 The one in question is two-tone gold on top of antique silver

(I'd ask if you're outside of the US to please cover shipping though, w/in the US don't worry about shipping it'd only be $2)

hmm... and I'm in a good mood (but not a complicated cointest mood ;)), first five to reply to this post can have a free copy of my personal coin too. Please reply to the thread so others can see when five have been claimed :) and then email me your address through my profile!

Specify Antique Silver or Antique Copper. Original thread: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=230654

Edited by ThirstyMick

Do you still have a personal left? I'd be interested in one also. I think the copper is cool but any is fine.

I'd scratch off the number of that coin and drop it somewhere. I've had that happen I think with 4 different coins.

Sure do :)

Edit: And it's looking like that's what I'll do with it, thanks :)

Edited by ThirstyMick

Wow that took longer than I expected to get to #5 :)

If anyone still wants the CF coin, feel free to email me in the next couple days! Otherwise the number's getting scratched of and its going into a cache! Was hoping somebody might like it though :) Claimed! :D Thanks!!!

Edited by ThirstyMick

Always sad to see someone lose interest. With past members leaving, it is also a loss to the those of us who remain. We count so often on the knowledge and friendship of those who were here for many years before us.

Even though you have lost interest in regular visits, consider passing through from time to time to give an update and say 'HI' ... :)

Always sad to see someone lose interest. With past members leaving, it is also a loss to the those of us who remain. We count so often on the knowledge and friendship of those who were here for many years before us.

Even though you have lost interest in regular visits, consider passing through from time to time to give an update and say 'HI' ... :)

I agree with nevadanick.... the beginnings of geocoins, some obscure tokens as all this was forming, personal sig items some as rare as hounds teeth all still surfacing from time to time. I have always relied on those who went before us for the connection and the meaning of these early coins. Do stop in, say hi..... there is some encyclopedic knowledge not to be found elsewhere and a huge base of new collectors that would benefit.

Edited by JoenSue

I agree with nevadanick.... the beginnings of geocoins, some obscure tokens as all this was forming, personal sig items some as rare as hounds teeth all still surfacing from time to time. I have always relied on those who went before us for the connection and the meaning of these early coins. Do stop in, say hi..... there is some encyclopedic knowledge not to be found elsewhere and a huge base of new collectors that would benefit.

+1

Received a fantastic looking personal coin from ThirstyMick in the mail today. Saw the mailer, but didn't remember ordering anything recently. Thanks again!!laugh.gif

Me too. LOL I didn't remember ordering anything. Awesome coin! Thanks so much for your generosity!!

Glad they arrived and that you like them :) You're welcome! and thank YOU Beverly for the tag :D That's going in the keeper box :D (I do still have an ammo can of special coins and handmade sig items :))

+1

Will do :) I still have a bunch I'm not planning on parting with :) Like my turtles, tsuns and my loggerheads. I LOVE my baby loggerhead. Coins from challenges and generous mystery coiners. Most of what I saved are the handmade tokens from other cachers and friends. The community here is the best part of coining :D