SUBMITTED (28060) - [BUG] Geocoin home does not show home coordinates

ColleIsarco

Hi,

the Geocoin-home-page (http://www.geocaching.com/track/geocoin.aspx) does not show a map of my home coordinates. Instead I see any random position. For example, it shows Seatle as my home town. After reloading it was Stockholm, but it never shows my home position, which is somewhere in Germany.

IIRFC there has been others who reported this bug in the Uservoice-Feedback-forum and it has been reproduced using my account by Moun10bike.

Regards

ColleIsarco

The map on this page works properly only if you're a PM, or so it seems.

Please fix it so that the page text makes that clear.

For example:

Geocoin Information Page

A Geocoin is a special coin created by individuals or groups of geocachers as a kind of signature item or calling card. Like Travel Bug® Trackables, each Geocoin is assigned a unique tracking ID which allows them to travel from geocache to geocache or to be passed amongst friends, picking up stories along the way.

Geocoins Near Your Home Location

This feature is available only to Premium Members. Non-PMs get random mapping.

Hi

This is a bug. I have reported it a long time ago and it was confirmed by moun10bike as a bug. Although it has not been fixed since now, but I'm still wating...

Regards

ColleIsarco

Edited by ColleIsarco

Thanks, ColleIsarco.

So, Groundspeak,

Confirm that the issue has not already been reported. If it has , then we will merge the new thread into the existing thread.
could you please merge the threads? Thanks.

EDIT: you've done it. Many thanks.

Edited by I!

For example:

Geocoin Information Page

A Geocoin is a special coin created by individuals or groups of geocachers as a kind of signature item or calling card. Like Travel Bug® Trackables, each Geocoin is assigned a unique tracking ID which allows them to travel from geocache to geocache or to be passed amongst friends, picking up stories along the way.

When I click on the link that Viajero Perdido provided I did not see the message that you have marked in red on that page. Is it truly a PM only item?

For example:

Geocoin Information Page

When I click on the link that Viajero Perdido provided I did not see the message that you have marked in red on that page. Is it truly a PM only item?

I! was just giving an example of how they think the page should look to prevent this confusion. The site doesn't currently display the red text.

For example:

Geocoin Information Page

I! was just giving an example of how they think the page should look to prevent this confusion. The site doesn't currently display the red text.

Okay, thank you.