What's in your "geo"bag?

I'm always looking for new things that are "good ideas" to bring along for my trips. In mine you will find some swag... a flashlight.. a few batteries..tweezers... a couple of walmart bags for CITO.. a few pins.. and ummm.. yes.. a fanny pack to grab for the short treks.

what do you have??

I always have my hiking sticks in the trunk of my car along with a container of wet-naps, and a roll each of paper towel and toilet paper (hey, you never know, lol). With me to the cache, I'll use one of my hiking sticks and carry along extra batteries. Lately, I've added extra logs to my geo-arsenal. Oh yeah, my leatherman and a heavy duty paper clip that has unrolled many nano logs.

i have a roll of toilet paper too.. One horror story was one too many... lesson learned <_<

Slightly OT but during the February half term here in Wales, a trip to softplay with the kids landed me in a hot situation having only just made it to the loos there in time and there was no paper. There often isn't there, I should have learnt. I lost a sock, that day.

New to caching. Am making sure I always have a pen on me now, and pencil if possible. Tomorrow when the kids finish school we are driving to West Wales on holiday and our Garmin is due before 1pm so..... There shall be the Garmin, I have a 'tortoise' battery pack for my crappy iPhone, pen/pencil, I need a magnet, wet wipes, plastic sealy top bags (used one recently to reseal someones cache that had a bag disintegrating round it).....

Extra Rite-in-Rain log sheets

Extra Baggies

Nano log Roller

2 sizes of Leathermans

Gloves

Few feet of Paracord

Lighter

Telescoping Mirror

A few types write on anything pens

Small first-aid kit

Emergency pills (allergy, headache ect)

Chapstick

Bug Spray

*Sometimes Sunblock

Swag to leave

*Swag acquired from the day

Flashlight (Normal spectrum)

Flashlight (UV)

My Wife's and my GPSrs when we are not caching.

"Tick Key"

extra batteries

picked up travel bugs

We also have a emergency culinary tool (spoon, fork can opener) because this bag 2nds as a "sh** has hit the fan" bag.

from: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=321241

My GPS, smartphone, flashlight, extra log sheets, micro containers to either place a cache or fix one of my own. Stamp with my name on it, extra pens, tweezers, trackables and some swag. My geo bag doubles for my purse so I am always ready to look for a cache.

What is a tick key?? I'm a tick magnet. Is that the same? and what do you use a lighter for? That cigarette you light after the satisfaction of finding the cache?

Ticks I always spray my clothes with Sawyers clothing spray. I don't have to worry about ticks for almost 2 months.

When I'm geocaching, I almost always have: everyday stuff including reading glasses and a Leatherman Micra, my phone (with app) and/or my GPSr, my personal signature tokens, small trade items to leave in exchange for others' personal sig items, multiple pens (gel, Sharpie, and Fisher Space Pen), cache repair supplies (extra log sheets, O-rings, duct tape), a small LED flashlight, and hand sanitizer. Everything else depends on where I'm geocaching.

I am planning to get myself an actual bag one of these days, but right now, my "geo-bag" is my entire car. :( But what I try to keep on-hand when I'm going geocaching: camera, pens (never just one... learned that too quickly!), extra logs and baggies, extra batteries for my GPS, my phone in case of emergencies, and medical scissory things that act as tweezers but are a little more narrow and also lock. I recently picked up some cheap gardening gloves that are rubber on the palm side - these have been GREAT for those hides that are nestled in thorns! I also got two little "Cache Aid Kits" from an awesome geocacher who attended an event I hosted a couple weeks ago, and I've already busted them out a couple times. They have various sized baggies and logs, a toothpick, paper towels... and it's all bundled up inside a pill bottle, easy to grab and I can store it in my glove compartment.

I'm always looking for new things that are "good ideas" to bring along for my trips. In mine you will find some swag... a flashlight.. a few batteries..tweezers... a couple of walmart bags for CITO.. a few pins.. and ummm.. yes.. a fanny pack to grab for the short treks.

what do you have??

FOOD and water are my most important things to bring. If I don't eat, I get HANGRY.

Some future planning for a bag involves: First Aid Kit, Tylenol, Bottle of Water, Box cutter with saftey, Flashlight, portable cellphone battery charger, some Powerbars or something of that nature food wise, couple spare rolls of TP for emergencies, Screwdriver and a package of spare pens for BYOP caches. Already have most of this its just not in a proper Geo-carry-kit.

What is a tick key?? I'm a tick magnet. Is that the same? ? and what do you use a lighter for? That cigarette you light after the satisfaction of finding the cache?

Tick key -

Thank you doc73 for posting a picture of the tick key. I haven't had to use it yet, but there have been some close calls and some times I didn't have one that I wish I had one.

Lighter-

When you cut paracord you have to melt the ends or it will unravel.

I have a pack that I take with me in the jeep or ATV. I keep few pencils, a pencil sharpener, a small survival kit with compass, signal mirror, knife, matches, water bottle, parachute cord, whistle, and space blanket. I also pack one or more bottled waters, spare AA batteries for the GPS, a bag full of trade items, a roll of tissue just in case, and I like to bring a hiking stick to help balance. I also have a couple of aluminum micro containers with logs ready to go just in case I see a cool spot to a cache.

I plan to add a few new ziplocs and a couple of logbooks too. Also I guess a UV flashlight would be good in addition to a white light headlamp.

Edited by ThePetrifiedWood