Garmin Plugin Problem

sonofnothing

Hello all, I'm new to the forum, although I started geocaching 2 years ago. It's been a while since I used the site, so trying to send caches to my GPS prompts a plugin download. (none found)

I installed the Garmin communicator plugin 5 times, to no avail. I type 'about:plugins' in Chrome (Version 39.0.2171.99 (64-bit), and it's not there. Every time I run the install, it brings me to the confirmation page, and says

'You do not have Communicator Plugin.

Install Now

View Downloads and Compatibility'

I'm ready to break something, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just played around with that app (demo)

I remember being able to directly send multiple coordinates to my Garmin 62s before.. but now I have to click each cache individually, or make pocket queries, where i can only check one page worth of boxes at a time to send to the gps. This is pretty confusing.

As for the garmin plugin, I'm running it fine on safari, but safari sucks!!

When I installed it on my laptop I did the same thing.. Installed it and it said it was not there. Installed again, same thing... Then I realized a little box in the corner of the window, very small, that when I hovered over it said run-add on or something to that effect. Clicked the box, gave the OK and now works fine. This was a month ago.

I remember being able to directly send multiple coordinates to my Garmin 62s before.. but now I have to click each cache individually, or make pocket queries, where i can only check one page worth of boxes at a time to send to the gps. This is pretty confusing.

There's some pretty good info here about Pocket Queries: http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=118

A Pocket Query file allows you to send hundreds of caches at once to the GPSr, such as all caches in a selected distance from your home. You might send one at a time in rare cases (maybe use Safari since it at least works), but mainly use PQs. They're easy.

Edited by kunarion

When I installed it on my laptop I did the same thing.. Installed it and it said it was not there. Installed again, same thing... Then I realized a little box in the corner of the window, very small, that when I hovered over it said run-add on or something to that effect. Clicked the box, gave the OK and now works fine. This was a month ago.

awesome! In what window.. The geocaching site, on the map view, or the garmin communicator download page? I'm not finding a little box yet.