Creating a Virtual Cache

Pacar

I'm wanting to create what would effectively be a virtual cache which I know have been effectively done away with.

There is an area I know which is very, very popular with walkers but due to a high foot fall of muggles I don't want to place a cache with a traditional log book here. What I would like to do is set a challenge, to send a picture of a feature, and that would effectively "log" the find.

Is it permissible to set a traditional cache here but just put into the details that to qualify for the find, a picture is to be added to the log???

I've read about Waymarking, but this just seems another hoop for me to have to jump through and other GeoCachers may not have Waymarking accounts.

What are the rules????

Regards,

Pacar :D

I'm wanting to create what would effectively be a virtual cache which I know have been effectively done away with.

There is an area I know which is very, very popular with walkers but due to a high foot fall of muggles I don't want to place a cache with a traditional log book here. What I would like to do is set a challenge, to send a picture of a feature, and that would effectively "log" the find.

Is it permissible to set a traditional cache here but just put into the details that to qualify for the find, a picture is to be added to the log???

I've read about Waymarking, but this just seems another hoop for me to have to jump through and other GeoCachers may not have Waymarking accounts.

What are the rules????

No virtuals... no pictures (ALR! )

Waymarking is the only wau to go.... unless... Find another spot, create a "virtual WP (Question to answer) at the spot you're thinking about. Use the answer to calculate the cache coordinates.

Edited by on4bam

Yeah if you really want to bring people to a specific spot, which is what Geocaching is all about then I would try to do a multicache. Get the cacher to the spot and if possible have them get some information to create a set of "mystery" cords to the traditional cache. This is just a thought. Have fun and Happy caching

Yeah if you really want to bring people to a specific spot, which is what Geocaching is all about then I would try to do a multicache. Get the cacher to the spot and if possible have them get some information to create a set of "mystery" cords to the traditional cache. This is just a thought. Have fun and Happy caching

Or a Wherigo