No summer event?

We joined last year and promptly started the summer Road Trip which was really fun! Thought there might be another one this year, but doesn't seem to be. Is it an every other year occurrence?

For the past few years, Groundspeak has promoted different Souvenir based activities. Last year was the Road Trip Hero one. There hasn't been an announcement if there is going to be anything this year.

We joined last year and promptly started the summer Road Trip which was really fun! Thought there might be another one this year, but doesn't seem to be. Is it an every other year occurrence?

For the past few years, GS has had a souvenir promotion that takes place during August.

The "Geocaching Road Trip" was announced in May. That was different than the previous promotions in that the souvenirs were earned from June to September.

https://www.geocaching.com/blog/2015/05/join-the-geocaching-road-trip-15-earn-6-souvenirs/

Whether there is another promotion like this or not is still unknown.

Subscribe to the newsletter and/or follow the blog so you'll know if/when a 2016 souvenir promotion is announced.

A souvenir is available to be earned this coming weekend.

https://www.geocaching.com/blog/2016/06/7-ways-to-getoutdoors-for-a-souvenir/

On Saturday, June 11, 2016, anyone can earn the Get Outdoors Day souvenir! To do so, find any geocache or attend any geocaching event.

B.

I found one on June, 11 . How will I get my Souvenir? :shocked:

You need to have logged "found it" or "attended", which you did, and the souvenir should have been placed in your profile.

Help Center → Souvenirs → Souvenirs

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=453

1.3. I didn't get my Souvenir

If the Souvenir is listed in the List of Available Souvenirs but is still not displayed on your profile, please go ahead and edit your "Found It" log by selecting the "View/Edit Log/Images" log on the cache page next to your log. In case the Souvenir was given for a specific day, make sure to change the "Date Logged" to the correct date.

If you have already logged this geocache with the correct date, you will need to go ahead and delete your log and re-log it with the date of the event.

If you still do not see this Souvenir appear on the Souvenir page of your Profile, please Email us with the name of the Souvenir and a link to your log.

B.

We're pretty early into summer so we might hear news later. Keep checking the blog, maybe there working on it.

I, too, have been wondering about another Summer Challenge/Promo. There's been one for the last 3 summers and while at times I may have cursed it (every day in August in the south)...I've always enjoyed and looked forward to it. Hope there is another one this year, although it's getting a bit late. Perhaps they will do a Winter challenge? lol.