how do I hide multi cache

I have hidden about a dozen caches in my village and having got hooked on it I would now like to hide a multi cache. Not really sure how to go about it though. I would like to give the co-ords of the actual cache with some numbers missing and then the finder has to solve clues to fill in the missing numbers. I would like to give 3 sets of co-ordinates that take the finder to somewhere where they can solve a clue to a missing digit, e.g. 'the number of windows on the front of the white house' But I don't know whether I should just put all the clue co-ordinates in the cache description, (would they have to be classed at waypoints?) or whether to just give the co-ordinates for the first which, as well as the clue, would lead to a nano containing the co-ords for the next.

If I did the latter would those nanos have to be outside the specified range of other caches? or would it not matter as the co-ords for the clues aren't actually published they are only written in the nano.?

Hope this question makes sense!

I have hidden about a dozen caches in my village and having got hooked on it I would now like to hide a multi cache. Not really sure how to go about it though. I would like to give the co-ords of the actual cache with some numbers missing and then the finder has to solve clues to fill in the missing numbers. I would like to give 3 sets of co-ordinates that take the finder to somewhere where they can solve a clue to a missing digit, e.g. 'the number of windows on the front of the white house' But I don't know whether I should just put all the clue co-ordinates in the cache description, (would they have to be classed at waypoints?) or whether to just give the co-ordinates for the first which, as well as the clue, would lead to a nano containing the co-ords for the next.

If I did the latter would those nanos have to be outside the specified range of other caches? or would it not matter as the co-ords for the clues aren't actually published they are only written in the nano.?

Hope this question makes sense!

When you are on the cache submission page, make sure you choose "multicache" as the type, not "traditional".

Help Center → Hiding a Geocache → Review Process: Hiding a Geocache

1.13. Saturation Guideline: Hidden, Virtual and Additional Waypoints

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=232

1.17. Stages and Additional Waypoints

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=72

1.21. Multi-Caches

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=559

B.

For reference, see the Help Center article Stages and Additional Waypoints.

If a multi-cache waypoint uses existing objects (e.g., the number of windows on the front of the white house), then it is considered a virtual waypoint (formerly, a "question to answer" waypoint). Such waypoints do NOT count against the 528ft/161m saturation guideline.

If a multi-cache waypoint uses objects (containers, tags, etc.) placed for the geocache (e.g., a nano-size container containing the next coordinates), then it is considered a pysical waypoint (formerly, a "stage of a multicache"). Such waypoints DO count against the 528ft/161m saturation guideline.

See also the Help Center article Checking for Geocache Saturation.

And if you use "virtual waypoints" make sure they are not discernible by perusing Google Street view, etc.

Good call. For clues like "count the windows", what I've seen done in the past is to make people count the windows on the side or back of a building where the Google StreetView car can't see everything, like if there's an alley/lane that runs behind it.

Also, physical waypoints have to be 528 feet from the nearest OTHER cache, or any physical stages those other caches may have... but your own waypoints do NOT need to be 528 feet from each other. And there's nothing preventing you from mixing virtual and physical stages-- fill in the blanks with information from a monument here, then find a nano with coords on the next leg, etc.

I've planned my cache but I have another question. How do i put the waypoints in as 'virtual' waypoints (one of them is within the disallowed distance from another cache) do I just write them all in the cache description?

Use the multicache submission form, and input the waypoints in the supplied fields.

When you are on the cache submission page, make sure you choose "multicache" as the type, not "traditional".

1.17. Stages and Additional Waypoints

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=72

B.