Empty circle challenge cache

Theseus

It would not be permitted.

From the Not Acceptable column of Source of Criteria: Challenges based on geographic areas other than countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent). For example, user-defined mapping polygons, latitude/longitude, radius, etc.

Thanks for the confirmation. I started the cache page in 2014. Guess I should have been a bit faster!

From the Not Acceptable column.... For example,user-defined mapping polygons.....

Had an idea for a local version of the Delorme challenges you have over there, does the above mean that this type of challenge is out?

Correct. No new Delorme challenges. Regretfully.

Aaaaaaaand we're crossing that idea off the list as well.....

From the Not Acceptable column.... For example,user-defined mapping polygons.....

Had an idea for a local version of the Delorme challenges you have over there, does the above mean that this type of challenge is out?

Too bad. Those are some of my favorites. Hopefully the existing ones will be appropriately adopted out if issues arise so that they don't end up getting archived.

Too bad. Those are some of my favorites. Hopefully the existing ones will be appropriately adopted out if issues arise so that they don't end up getting archived.

Under a shared account, I'm a co-owner of the Pennsylvania DeLorme Challenge and the Pennsylvania All Counties Challenge. We chose to update both challenges after the new guidelines came out, so that both are now compatible with those guidelines to the extent possible. We recognized that, if we archived the DeLorme challenge over an issue like not accepting the Project-GC Challenge Checker, there could never be another one published. And that would be sad. DeLorme challenges are one of my top five favorite challenge types.

Unfortunately, I'm aware of at least one state DeLorme Challenge that's been archived since the moratorium ended and the new guidelines were published. The owner chose archival over adoption. That means there will never be a DeLorme Challenge again for that state. :(

Under a shared account, I'm a co-owner of the Pennsylvania DeLorme Challenge and the Pennsylvania All Counties Challenge. We chose to update both challenges after the new guidelines came out, so that both are now compatible with those guidelines to the extent possible. We recognized that, if we archived the DeLorme challenge over an issue like not accepting the Project-GC Challenge Checker, there could never be another one published. And that would be sad. DeLorme challenges are one of my top five favorite challenge types.

And I thank you for the updates! Three counties and five DeLorme pages to go! Hopefully, I will finish them next year. And I found two more caches in Butler County, in case you frowned on the Pennsylvania NGS Benchmark Recovery Cache. Umm... The southern tier of DeLorme pages are tough. The major highways are north of that tier. Sorta had to go out of my way for some of them. But I am enjoying both challenges. Thanks. I have finished two county challenges,and the NJ DeLorme Challenge.

GS has not allowed grandfathered cache types (webcams, virtuals) to be adopted, though in this case a Delorme challenge is not a distinct cache type so, unless a reviewer or GS intervened, the adoption process would probably work the same as any other mystery cache.

I never really "got" the whole Delorme thing. Counties, yeah...those are legal boundaries. The map page thing just seems like another way to get a County challenge without calling it that.

Meh...what do I care? Not like I'm trying for those anyway. ~shrug~

I wouldn't be surprised if, for states which have a Delorme challenge it pre-dated any all county challenges for the state. One of the biggest differences between a counties challenge and a Delorme challenge is that each "page" for a Delorme challenge for a given State is the same size (except for a few that overlap State boundaries). Another, is that Delorme doesn't make Atlas and Gazetteer maps for other countries while other countries have counties or an equivalent geographic region.

I never really "got" the whole Delorme thing. Counties, yeah...those are legal boundaries. The map page thing just seems like another way to get a County challenge without calling it that.

Meh...what do I care? Not like I'm trying for those anyway. ~shrug~

Another, is that Delorme doesn't make Atlas and Gazetteer maps for other countries while other countries have counties or an equivalent geographic region.

That shouldn't matter too much. While Delorme don't produce maps in other countries each country/area/whatever is likely to have an equivalent. My idea, based on Delorme, was a Tasmap challenge using a series of 1:25000 10x20 km maps that cover the whole state.

Unfortunately, I'm aware of at least one state DeLorme Challenge that's been archived since the moratorium ended and the new guidelines were published. The owner chose archival over adoption. That means there will never be a DeLorme Challenge again for that state. :(

Which one?

That shouldn't matter too much. While Delorme don't produce maps in other countries each country/area/whatever is likely to have an equivalent. My idea, based on Delorme, was a Tasmap challenge using a series of 1:25000 10x20 km maps that cover the whole state.
One of the challenge caches that I'm (very slowly) working on is a quad challenge. The region is divided into 7.5° x 7.5° quadrangles, and the challenge is to find at least one cache in each quadrangle.

It's a shame that such location-based challenges can't be created any longer.

Which one?

https://coord.info/GCZ554

Seriously this is so stupid.

Well, then.

Not much of a geocide if you don't archive all your caches, I must say.