LOST BUG RE RELEASE #

summerwinter

Because my TB was found and recorded by an person who in 5 years has not found anothe cache I de-activated a bug. Now, Can I use the same number on the "copy" tag and re issue this TB?

You marked it "Missing"?

If you saved the official Copy Tag that is inscribed "Keep Me", I don't know about that. Is that the message you want to send, that a finder is to "Keep Me"? :rolleyes:

Anyway, yes, you can revive it with a new tag. I don't suggest that you delete previous logs. But you can add new info about the revived TB, about what it looks like now. This is especially good if the old one ever were to turn up, so finders would be able to tell which one they found.

If you saved the official Copy Tag that is inscribed "Keep Me",

They haven't sent out two tags in years and years, and I never saw a duplicate with "Keep Me" on it, though I don't doubt that you have ;-)

I believe the duplicate tags I had were all just "COPY TAG", and easy to release.

My limited experience is that within 6 months of releasing a copy, the original will resurface. For a while there will be two in circulation, then none.

My recall is that this has happened to me twice....

If you saved the official Copy Tag that is inscribed "Keep Me",

They haven't sent out two tags in years and years, and I never saw a duplicate with "Keep Me" on it, though I don't doubt that you have ;-)

I believe the duplicate tags I had were all just "COPY TAG", and easy to release.

That's awesome! I once released an item that I designed to be bullet-proof. Item drilled, tag secured with a heavy wire, that's not coming off! Cool! Then I noticed I had accidentally attached the "Copy, Keep Me" tag. Oh well. It's not like anyone even comprehends the text on that other tag, "Don't Keep Me"... B)

My limited experience is that within 6 months of releasing a copy, the original will resurface. For a while there will be two in circulation, then none.

My recall is that this has happened to me twice....

A couple of mine resurfaced after 18 months of their disappearance. But I haven't seen that effect in a few years. Now just about all of them seem gone for good.