Source for Garmin Fenix Maps

I just purchased a refurbished Garmin Fenix on ebay, and I love it! When I'm on a trip and want to save weight and room, it replaces my regular watch, my fitness watch, hiking GPS, and geocaching GPS. The only thing I found lacking is the basemap. It's an excusable detriment because the GPSr screen is so small and the processor isn't meant to support full blown mapping.

However, while surfing "Bing" yesterday, I came across the following website:

http://www.gmaptool.eu/en/content/maps-garmin-fenix

It's a Polish site that has taken the worldwide Open Street Map (OSM) data and simplified it enough to fit a good chunk of street maps on my Fenix. I downloaded the Western segment (for free), and loaded up an area between Phoenix and the Mexican border that took up only 11mb on my Fenix. I tried it out this morning on a run, and it works great! Streets display as sticks and there is very little detail, but it serves the purpose well.

So for those of you who are looking for a better basemap for your Fenix/Fenix2/Tactix, I think this site is worth a look. I found no viruses or other bad stuff in the download.

Edited by cliptwings

I know almost nothing about the Fenix, isn't it basically a wristwatch? Please post a screenshot of the maps for all to see.

Thanks

Yes, the Fenix is a wristwatch. Refer to Garmin.com for more info on the GPSr, but the website I posted has better screenshots of the maps and watch than I could ever take.