Problem reading map cords.

cdarnau

Ok so I just had a survey done on my land and I was trying to understand the cords so I could put them into my maps and get to a certain cord. But the cords are unfamiliar to me. they look like this.

N 65°29'41" E

1171.18'

Any help would be great on how to decipher this into something that looks like 44.1524° N, 115.0059° W

Thanks in advance

Chris

Ok so I just had a survey done on my land and I was trying to understand the cords so I could put them into my maps and get to a certain cord. But the cords are unfamiliar to me. they look like this.

N 65°29'41" E

1171.18'

Any help would be great on how to decipher this into something that looks like 44.1524° N, 115.0059° W

Thanks in advance

Chris

What you have is a bearing and a distance. That information will take you from one point to another....in this case, from one corner of your property to another. It is not coordinates for the corners of your property.

You may have seen that bearing and distance written along a line on the plat or drawing from your surveyor. You may be able to get your surveyor to provide you with the Lat/Long for each of your corners, and if he does, be sure you get the datum he used (ie, NAD83, NAD27, UTM etc.)

Good luck.