Geocaching Containers in Bulk?

Iszea

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has found somewhere that I can buy geocaching containers in bulk. I'm particularly after nano caches, bolts and the electricity plate ones. I have started an online eBay shop which is doing fairly well in its first few weeks (mainly as I am able to keep postage so low due to the small size of the caches I'm selling) but definitely need to expand my options for customers.

Any suggestions on stockist would be great!

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has found somewhere that I can buy geocaching containers in bulk. I'm particularly after nano caches, bolts and the electricity plate ones. I have started an online eBay shop which is doing fairly well in its first few weeks (mainly as I am able to keep postage so low due to the small size of the caches I'm selling) but definitely need to expand my options for customers.

Thanks

Um...anything but micros? :anibad:

The electric plates & things sound good.

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Um...anything but micros? :anibad:

The electric plates & things sound good.

I would love to be able to stock bigger containers in the future but firstly the post costs in Australia are ridiculous for packaging (part of the reason I started this - as most companies insist on sending small items as parcels, when they can be sent in thin boxes which are classified as letters) and secondly I don't have the room to be storing large amounts of bigger containers, in the future if it becomes more successful then yes, that's a possibility.

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Try http://www.cache-advance.com/

I used craigslist to get peanut butter jars from a very friendly retired gentleman who I taught about caching at the same time. Put foam gaskets in the lids by using round foam I found at wally world in the craft area. He also threw in some unused urine sample containers he got a bunch of years ago because the regulations changed and they could no longer be used and were ready to throw the whole box out...

before I found the PB jars I did find some passable similar sized storage containers at hyvee for 80 cents each but the lids dont take the gaskets like the pb containers.

Edited by sholomar

For many years now regardless of the type container I hide , even ammo cans , I put my ziplocked log in a film can.....with a Sharpie I write on the top , Log-Don't Take.....sometimes I include a spare.

It insures your log stays dry even under the worse conditions.

There's no such thing as too much protection for the log. A baggie is always good, and I like the film "pot" idea (as they say in London).

Any mention of the UK brings Seaglass Pirates out of the woodwork, so expect his comments shortly!

;)

Ive had 2 liter preforms in the field for over 2 years with dry logs... micros are the only logs I dont use an extra bag with however. Id rather the caches and logs last 5-10 years or more which is my aim with all hides not micros.

The tools to make quality caches that last are fairly cheap compared to most hobbies.

Edited by sholomar