Giving 1,, Getting 1

I'm planning on giving my Etrex Vista HCX to my grandson this hunting season. We use gps for hunting purposes only such as marking stand sites,returning to down game, and of course marking our starting point for the end of hunt return. I've read on the 62's and am tempted but for our use I believe the Etrex series will do more than we need. Etrex is small,, ,,with great battery life. Small screen is "getting smaller"for me but that's what I bought glasses for.. Can someone let me know if the compass problems are solved with the Etrex 30 ? When going to a stand in heavy brush before daylight the electronic compass sure is nice!

There's really not much different between the eTrex 30 and the GPSmap 62s aside from the GLONASS antenna. Both have a compass and altimeter. The 62s does have a slightly better antenna. But the larger screen and multiple button interface are easier to use than the e-trex's single joystick. And right now, the 62s costs less than an eTrex 30. At the very least, go to a store with display models you can hold and play with. You might have to play with a 64s, but the experience should be similar.