Garmin Nuvi 255w

I use GSAK for loading both Nuvi's and handhelds....you can try it for free and see if you like it .

I use a Nuvi 780 and send the caches to the unit using GSAK just like I do my handhelds.....they are loaded as FAVORITES and the cache icon can be viewed when zoomed way out.....great for driving to a cache.

If you want cache info you need to use a macro in GSAK which will load them to the NUVI as POI's......I wouldn't do this as you have to zoom in too far to see the cache ( 200' ) and as you say, you already have the info. on your handheld.

The Nuvi GPS's are not the same as the handheld GPS's. You can't just transfer geocaches to the unit.

There are many different methods of putting geocaches into the Nuvi. If you search this forum, you'll get lots of different answers/solutions.

Depending on what method you use, will depend on where/how they are stored inside the nuvi. Some methods will store them as 'Favorites' - which you are limited to how many you store AND it'll wipe out whatever favorites you currently have saved. You can also store them as 'POI's' (points of interest) - these you can hold thousands and thousands of geocaches.

Again - do some searching on this forum. There's lots of different methods.

My husband and I used to use a combination of GSAK, POI Loader, and a macro - but increasingly had problems. Currently....we export directly out of GSAK into our NUVI2450. No macros or POI Loader needed.

The Nuvi GPS's are not the same as the handheld GPS's. You can't just transfer geocaches to the unit.

There are many different methods of putting geocaches into the Nuvi. If you search this forum, you'll get lots of different answers/solutions.

Depending on what method you use, will depend on where/how they are stored inside the nuvi. Some methods will store them as 'Favorites' - which you are limited to how many you store AND it'll wipe out whatever favorites you currently have saved. You can also store them as 'POI's' (points of interest) - these you can hold thousands and thousands of geocaches.

Again - do some searching on this forum. There's lots of different methods.

My husband and I used to use a combination of GSAK, POI Loader, and a macro - but increasingly had problems. Currently....we export directly out of GSAK into our NUVI2450. No macros or POI Loader needed.

Are you using the FILE/EXPORT/GARMIN POI ? If so how are you configuring the settings so you get ALL the information as you do with the POI loader and macro. I'm getting it done but I'm not getting any info other than cache name and hint.

Thanks

Problem solved;

I uninstalled Garmin drivers, rebooted system, plugged in unit , re installed drivers. Went to the geocaching site, added geocaching.com to compatibility view settings .. hit send to GPS and it sends to my GPS no problem.

Using IE 8.1 .... Using auto unit not a hand held.

Up and running again :)

Edited by xMaritimerx