NEW GEOCOIN: Juwel of the moon

Los Muertos

Lovely, lovely, LOVELY coin. I second the question: at what /time/ on August 1?

8 pm MEZ

Please correct if I've got my calculations wrong.

Germany is currently in CEST (UTC +2)Central Europe daylight savings. So that converts to 1 pm in Chicago, UTC -5 for DST ( central daylight savings)

Had my shopping cart ready to go and at 11:00 (my time), 8:00 sale time, I refreshed and the coins were for sale. By the time I filled out the acct info they were gone. I am sooooooooo upset. I've had my computer on and have been watching the clock to make sure I didn't miss these. If anyone got any extras I'd love to buy one, especially the blue.

Boo Hoo :laughing:

*snippy* By the time I filled out the acct info they were gone.*/snippy*

It is important to have your account information filled out in advance of these sales. There is no time to fill out forms. :laughing:

That being said, would anyone like to trade a Red or Blue Moon for a Creatures of Night Caching coin? ;) I missed those cute lil fellows. ;)

CF30

Yeah, I'm kinda angry too. If they go on sale at 8, they should go on sale at 8. Play by the rules and you lose. Oh well, I guess there are worse things in life. Maybe they will be nice enough to have a remint for those of us that tried to purchase at 8.

:laughing:

Oh, man, that is not cool. : (

did you get, what you wanted, Jackalgirl?

Well, I missed out on the silver moon (the 1 of 30 ones), but I got everything else (and spent a good $120 tonight). So it was not a total loss. : )

I am somewhat annoyed, though, by the idea that those particular coins were available purchase before 8pm (and thusly sold out before 8pm).

Had my shopping cart ready to go and at 11:00 (my time), 8:00 sale time, I refreshed and the coins were for sale. By the time I filled out the acct info they were gone. I am sooooooooo upset. I've had my computer on and have been watching the clock to make sure I didn't miss these. If anyone got any extras I'd love to buy one, especially the blue.

Boo Hoo :laughing:

e-mail sent ;)

Oh WOW I can't believe these are gone already. Well, I can, because they're nifty...but I can't, because I wanted a couple. :laughing:

If anyone has ordered spare Red or Blue Moon versions, I'd be happy to trade. I don't have much to trade with (new collector) so I could also buy outright from any kind soul who'd take pity on me. Shoot me a line. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Haven't seen anything from S&B yet about the silver moons going on sale early, thus cutting those of us who waited until 8pm sharp to try to add them to our baskets out of the sale entirely -- if that's what happened. But I've been thinking about it and have this suggestion:

If you're enabling these sales manually, and thusly start activating the sales early in order to get them all online by 8pm (or whatever time), may I respectfully suggest that instead of doing this that you stagger the "go" times?

Example: Silver moon on sale at 8pm. Gold moon at 8:05pm. Red moon at 8:10pm. And so forth. This gives you time to ensure that these coins go on sale at the announced time, not before (or after, causing confusion) without having to hurry and try to enable a bunch of sales simultaneously (which is impossible or, at least, extremely difficult).

Again, I'm making an assumption as to what happened, but if this is in fact what happened, that's my suggestion.

MY clock on my laptop might have been off by two minutes, and that's why I saw the sales go online at 2 minutes 'til, when it could very well be on the dot for S&B. If you ask 10 people what time it is, you'll likely get 10 different times within a minute or two of each other. And if those 10 people have several clocks around them, those clocks will likely all have different times within a minute or two of each other. I know we have that problem in my house. lol Alarm clock, decorative clock, cable box clock, another alarm clock, microwave clock, cell phones, landline phones, etc. All have different times.

If the sales are staggered as suggested, that could also cause problems because you'd have the first coin that went up for sale in your cart, waiting for the others to go on sale so you can add them. And by the time you get the last coin online and in your cart, the first would be taken by someone else (if coins are taken out of carts). Unless you're going to place several different orders at different times.