GSAK

azgoldseekers

Hello - I have a pocket query loaded into GSAK for 202 caches. I downloaded it to my Garmin 62s, Garmin Etrex 20 BUT it will not show up on my New Garmin Oregon 600. I can download individual caches. The computer shows that the pocket query is on the GPS. I click on geocaches and there is nothing there. Need help Thank, Carol

How new is the Oregon? If it has not gotten a fix on its own location, that might explain why the caches aren't in the list. Beyond about 100 miles from the GPSr's location, caches are not automatically listed.

It's possible to tell the Oregon to not display caches, with filters. Even accidentally.

Did the individual caches show up?

I have had it a month. Downloaded individual caches no problem. I asked it to show ALL CACHES, don't know how to set the GPS'r location. We down loaded the PQ from GSAK into the 62s and the etrex 20 no problem. I deleted the gpx file, rebooted the GPS and tried again. Says "no results found" Try adjusting Search parameters. I am lost. Never had any trouble downloading from GSAK on our other Garmins.

I have had it a month. Downloaded individual caches no problem. I asked it to show ALL CACHES, don't know how to set the GPS'r location. We down loaded the PQ from GSAK into the 62s and the etrex 20 no problem. I deleted the gpx file, rebooted the GPS and tried again. Says "no results found" Try adjusting Search parameters. I am lost. Never had any trouble downloading from GSAK on our other Garmins.

The GPSr automatically figures out its location. You said it was "new", and if you just now pulled it out of the package, it would not be accurate. I hope you don't mind ruling out some common issues.

Can you confirm that the "individual caches" are closer than 100 miles, and they're caches that are in the Pocket Query?

One thing that's a little different in the Oregon from some others is, a separate "Show Found" list, and a factory default that filters out Found caches. You've found a lot of caches. If the PQ contains only caches you've found, it's possible that a filter is still hiding them. But if the individual caches are also in the PQ, that may help narrow down the possibilities.

The GSAK Forum is here: http://gsak.net/board/index.php?

Edited by kunarion

I have used it a few times, downloading individual caches. All are ok. GPSr states i have found 13. The pocket query is over 100 miles away. They loaded up just fine on the Garmin 62s and the etrex 20 from the same PQ downloaded from GSAK. I look at the GPX file in "My computer" and it lists the PQ. I open the receiver and ask for a geocache and "nothing found". The PQ is a new query for an area near San Diego, Ca that we are visiting tomorrow and will be caching for a week. I deleted the previous caches with my computer so it was fresh when I sent the gpx file to the oregon. I thought I knew this device well enough to download a new PQ

Carol

I have used it a few times, downloading individual caches. All are ok. GPSr states i have found 13. The pocket query is over 100 miles away. They loaded up just fine on the Garmin 62s and the etrex 20 from the same PQ downloaded from GSAK. I look at the GPX file in "My computer" and it lists the PQ. I open the receiver and ask for a geocache and "nothing found". The PQ is a new query for an area near San Diego, Ca that we are visiting tomorrow and will be caching for a week. I deleted the previous caches with my computer so it was fresh when I sent the gpx file to the oregon. I thought I knew this device well enough to download a new PQ

Carol

The Oregon 600 definitely will not automatically show caches that are more 100 miles away, not even with a text search. Were the "individual caches" also more than 100 miles away?

Scroll the map to San Diego, and you will see those caches from the PQ. Or go to San Diego. I'd suggest scrolling the map first, before you go, just in case. :anicute:

I actually think you're good to go. There's a little quirk with distant caches that the older devices didn't have. It's done by Garmin on purpose, and confuses everybody. I guess if you were to load it up with its "millions of caches" capacity, the reason for the list limitation may become apparent. :anibad:

Edited by kunarion

I scrolled the map to San Diego and went in close enough and saw the cache containers. I guess I'll just have to see what happens as we get closer. thank you for taking the time to talk with me. I know that we have the PQ in the other 2 GPSr's . I will check it out when we get back home and make a PQ close in at my town to see what it does. I am taking my manual with me to see about learning it better.

Thank you again, Carol

PS I need to learn how to post in the forums. It's been a very long time and I forgot how to keep the responses in the same box. LOL

I scrolled the map to San Diego and went in close enough and saw the cache containers. I guess I'll just have to see what happens as we get closer. thank you for taking the time to talk with me. I know that we have the PQ in the other 2 GPSr's . I will check it out when we get back home and make a PQ close in at my town to see what it does. I am taking my manual with me to see about learning it better.

Thank you again, Carol

PS I need to learn how to post in the forums. It's been a very long time and I forgot how to keep the responses in the same box. LOL

Awesome! Have a nice trip! :P

Carol

The Oregon 600 definitely will not automatically show caches that are more 100 miles away, not even with a text search. Were the "individual caches" also more than 100 miles away?

Scroll the map to San Diego, and you will see those caches from the PQ. Or go to San Diego. I'd suggest scrolling the map first, before you go, just in case. :anicute:

I actually think you're good to go. There's a little quirk with distant caches that the older devices didn't have. It's done by Garmin on purpose, and confuses everybody. I guess if you were to load it up with its "millions of caches" capacity, the reason for the list limitation may become apparent. :anibad:

Quirk somuch that when I was in Alaska, I was still able to see caches over 1000 miles away on my Oregon 600. I don't know when the distance rule applies and doesn't apply.