Recouping missing miles for TBs

Nunavut Taidy

I'm a cacher who uses some of his TBs to record special trips, individual years' travels, overall geo-life, and a few other things. I recently saw a problem (for me, anyway) because I was forced to late enter a cache find (it was a virtual). I visited the cache site, and emailed the CO the information but didn't log the cache as found at the time (hadn't received permission, had I?). On my merry way I went and subsequently found an additional 95 caches which were logged as finds. The miles accrued for the finds. Today, I finally logged the virtual from last week, only to find that the distance travelled since that virtual had been lopped off the TBs totals (one, for instance, went from 17011km down to 168xx something). :blink:

It's a small thing, I'm sure, in most peoples' minds, but is there a way to get those 200 odd miles restored? <_< Yes, I keep a history on GSAK, and so on, but it might be nice to be able to create a map or something from the TBs datastream. Many thanks, either way. :)

Edited by Nunavut Taidy

A VISIT by the TB, with the log dated when the cache was Found should put the mileage on the TB.

You may need to use Recalculate Distance, and wait for the servers to process the backdated info...

Except among caches logged for the same day. Those will be taken in the order filed even if it's not the order visited.

I don't understand how the mileage could drop, though. I would expect adding a cache anywhere in the mix, whether in the right place or the wrong place, would increase the mileage if it did anything.