Placespotting in mystery cache

slowfox

I'm struggling with getting the right html coding for an image in a cache description via Placespotting.

I'm using:

<iframe width="302" height="198" frameborder="no" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://www.placespotting.com/imagelink.php?placeId=12FF-5448BBC4-1837"></iframe><br/>

But it doesn't work....think I'm missing some small but vital ingredient!

Any help much appreciated,

Thanks.

This week Groundspeak decided that geocaches with a PlaceSpotting puzzle inside can't be published anymore. Why? Because of the advertising on the PlaceSpotting website!!! What a bunch of crap!!! Who makes those decisions??? What bother does Groundspeak has with advertisements on other websites????

That's a shame as there are 4 within 15km of here now and they are being found!

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Geocaches with those puzzels are now grandfathered. So they can stay. But new geocaches with a PlaceSpotting puzzle won't be published anymore. I really don't understand what Groundspeak tries to attempt with this decision. blink.gif

Why is there no announcement on this? At least I can't find any.

Why would placespotting not be allowed and are numerous other websites that are used no problem? If indeed it is an advertising issue the why are other ad-infested sites OK? (Not that I have any problems with ads as my Firefox + adblock/ghostery/noscript take care of all ads, also on GC :lol: )

Yet another decision that makes no sense.

Why is there no announcement on this? At least I can't find any.

Why would placespotting not be allowed and are numerous other websites that are used no problem? If indeed it is an advertising issue the why are other ad-infested sites OK? (Not that I have any problems with ads as my Firefox + adblock/ghostery/noscript take care of all ads, also on GC :lol: )

Yet another decision that makes no sense.

Like most of the times when GS does something, there is no official announcement about this. Ask the local reviewer and he will endorse this matter.

Here in Belgium, Flanders there was an announcement made by the local reviewers themselves through their Facebook group.

Edited by RHCV

Like most of the times when GS does something, there is no official announcement about this. Ask the local reviewer and he will endorse this matter.

Here in Belgium, Flanders there was an announcement made by the local reviewers themselves through their Facebook group.

I'm not on facebook and an announcement there is hardly "official".

So people might actually putting a lot of effort in a placespotting mystery at this moment only to find that the reviewer will not publish their cache. Bad communications seems to get even worse.

I don't get it either. I found a lot of cool sites using this placespotting and loved the caches!

I too put in a LOT of effort for a couple of caches. One was published and ENJOYED and then I submitted another and it was rejected and my first archived.

If it is advertising, then why does the geocaching.com site advertise? Hypocrites...