Geocach that doesn't exist?

Twistedflax

Hi guys.

I don't know about you but when I walk the earth I look at little hiding places and think that will make a good hide. Well while doing this at work I happened across a nice hide that a lot of love and work has gone into. I opened and to my surprise I was the 1St to find.

Great I thought. But when I got home and finally found Internet to my surprise it did not exist. By place or Gc code.

Has anyone come across this before? And is there anything I can do?

Hi guys.

I don't know about you but when I walk the earth I look at little hiding places and think that will make a good hide. Well while doing this at work I happened across a nice hide that a lot of love and work has gone into. I opened and to my surprise I was the 1St to find.

Great I thought. But when I got home and finally found Internet to my surprise it did not exist. By place or Gc code.

Has anyone come across this before? And is there anything I can do?

It will be a cache that has yet to be published. There may be a delay due to permissions or saturation or indeed the CO may just not have got round to creating and submitting the cache page. You won't be able to log your find on-line unless and until it's published. It happens more often than you might think.

However, as soon as it does go live (if at all) in that location, you are fully entitled to claim the FTF. In order that you don't miss the publication, I suggest making sure that location is included within your notifications for all physical cache types. Claiming a prompt FTF on line will also make sure that your pre-emptive (and perfectly valid) FTF doesn't annoy those who try for a post-publication FTF - only to find that you've got there days weeks or months beforehand and haven't logged your find.

If it gets moved (due to an initial reviewer rejection) I'm not sure that your FTF would still be vaild. That's a bit of a grey area!

I did sign the log and then thought it could be part of a multi but I've checked the Gc code and it don't exist yet. I've also check if there are any multi in the area and there are none. I shall keep checking. ?

If you post the GC code, one of the moderators could check to see where the Listing is in the submission process.

But if it hasn't been published and doesn't show on any searches, How will he find the GC code? Unless it's marked on the cache itself when he found it.

I would suggest setting up a notification to watch for new caches published in your area (or the area the cache is in) ... making sure the range is sufficient for it to show up.

Ah, I see from the OP that he mentions then GC code, therefore I assume it was marked on the cache (as indeed it is supposed to be.)

Edited by Auld Pharrrt