Kids getting own account - retrospective finds?

lee737

What is the accepted practice here?

My son (6 yo) and I have been geocaching for 10 months, we've found 50 finds together, using my account. Now he has his own account on his iPad.... can we log the finds we have found together on his now - ie the ones we found over the last several months?? I've done the last half a dozen we did over the past week or two already.... :)

Lee

This kind of links to a question I have. I am a premium member, my better half isn't, but will be very soon. We have found a number of caches together, both signing the logs. It is only when we get home and log them all online, we see some are premium and she cannot log them. Once she becomes premium, having already signed the log, is it acceptable practise for her to retrospectively log them online? As I say, she has actually found them and signed the log books physically!

Yes, a cacher can log retrospective finds. PLEASE date the find correctly to the actual day the log was signed, and say something like, "logging under my own account, found with and signed as Orignal Username", and it's nice to add something more than that as well...;-)

I am a premium member, my better half isn't, but will be very soon. We have found a number of caches together, both signing the logs. It is only when we get home and log them all online, we see some are premium and she cannot log them.

Your wife does not need to be premium to log finds on PMO caches.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?wp=GC Code

insert the GC Code into that URL above and you'll be on the logging page of any PMO cache. This will work for a basic member.

Another way to do this, somewhat tedious, you log onto the cache and logging page, log out, she logs on. She'll be on the logging page and able to log her find.

My son (6 yo) and I have been geocaching for 10 months, we've found 50 finds together, using my account. Now he has his own account on his iPad.... can we log the finds we have found together on his now - ie the ones we found over the last several months?? I've done the last half a dozen we did over the past week or two already.... :)

Lee

No problem going back and logging Finds on the individual account, but you should be aware of the Terms of Use of the site...just an FYI:

Minors. Our services are not targeted towards, nor intended for use by, anyone under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to use our services. If you are under the age of 18 but at least 13, you may only use our services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by this Agreement.

Good luck with your caching.

Lee

No problem going back and logging Finds on the individual account, but you should be aware of the Terms of Use of the site...just an FYI:

Minors. Our services are not targeted towards, nor intended for use by, anyone under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to use our services. If you are under the age of 18 but at least 13, you may only use our services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by this Agreement.

Thanks - I suppose it would really be my wifes account, since it was bought with her appleID....

I guess we need to start inputting all our finds.... :)

Lee

Thanks - I suppose it would really be my wifes account, since it was bought with her appleID....

I guess we need to start inputting all our finds.... :)

An appleID may have been used to buy the app but it wouldn't be used for the user id used to log caches on the site. Those are two distinct and unrelated identifiers.