Non Validated Premium Member

jellis

Yesterday someone DNFd one of my caches. New cacher from 3/17/17 with Premium Membership and only one find. The cache they DNFd is a Wherigo. I was going to contact them to ask if they knew how to do a Wherigo guessing they only went to the posted coords. But they have no valid email. What is up with that?

Yesterday someone DNFd one of my caches. New cacher from 3/17/17 with Premium Membership and only one find. The cache they DNFd is a Wherigo. I was going to contact them to ask if they knew how to do a Wherigo guessing they only went to the posted coords. But they have no valid email. What is up with that?

That log may have been in error. Was the log removed? A member can't use the "Wherigo" site without validating their account. That member may need some help with whatever the problem is. If he made a typo in his email address, he can't "validate" and therefore is blocked out of a lot of site features, and may not know what to do about it. So, yeah, if he is using the App, which I guess must be the case, an MC message may help. Or just wait for him to ask GS. B)

I'd bet that once PM, that pretty soon there will be something "PM" to do that will require completely signing up. But I'm surprised that people can be "PM" and yet not human (not "validated", therefore maybe a Spambot). I wonder why GS doesn't simply have the extra step of, "Hey, we are spending your $30 on hooch and wild women, while we wait for you to finish signing up." You know, complete the order through the supplied email address. Until then, no PM. Or do they just grant that a member is a human due to submitting the billing info?

Edited by kunarion