Total newbie with garmin etrex 20x HELP

camlia

I am on my second evening of trying to load geocaches onto my etrex 20x and becoming very frustrated. Finding info is not easy and I am not very techy. I am using a laptop with windows10 preloaded on. Can someone kindly talk me through what to do? I have googled and I have youtubed. No luck. Please help!

I am on my second evening of trying to load geocaches onto my etrex 20x and becoming very frustrated. Finding info is not easy and I am not very techy. I am using a laptop with windows10 preloaded on. Can someone kindly talk me through what to do? I have googled and I have youtubed. No luck. Please help!

It would be easier to help if you would outline exactly what you are doing, how you are attempting to load the caches into your gps, step by step.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

I have managed to get a pocket query loaded in the computer but cannot get it to gps. It is in the garmin - gpx folder. Watched a youtube video to get that far. I seem to read that windows10 is a problem. Have tried on sons windows8 computer but no luck.

I am so happy I have got it working. YAY. I downloaded the garmin communicator from Mozilla.

I'm not sure how this could have helped. The Garmin Communicator is only for loading caches one at a time from the cache page. It can't do anything related to pocket queries. Those need to be manually downloaded, unzipped, and copied to your device.