In a cache today!

ayrbrain

we were out hopefully placing a new geocache hide today and as I have already got a cache hidden in this park we thought we would go along and check it as we were walking back to the car. I opened up the container and lo and behold someone had left a bank card! what!!!!!! :o :o no signature on it, still well in date all their account numbers, name etc on the card. We couldn't believe this!

We brought it home and will hand it into the bank on Monday when they open. Now anyone could have taken this, okay no PIN number is known but it still could be used online. Totally shocked to see this in a cache! :o

When out looking for a cache I found discarded contents of a wallet including an insurance card and some other less important cards. I contacted the person on the card and found out that their purse had been stolen a couple years earlier and that I must have found the dumping point. I gave her the specific location as well as my number in case the police needed to contact me but they never did.

We honestly couldn't believe this cash card was in the container, maybe they were taking cache containers literally! ;) . I was going through the treasure rubbish that was left in the container and hubby spotted the card! I agree with you, common sense isn't anymore. I kept saying I couldn't believe someone would leave their cash card!!

I couldn't believe someone would leave their cash card!!

Perhaps... just maybe... quite possibly, the card was left by somebody other than the rightful owner. Ever think of that?

I was thinking maybe someone lost the card and the person who found it put it in the cache.

Perhaps... just maybe... quite possibly, the card was left by somebody other than the rightful owner. Ever think of that?

I was thinking maybe someone lost the card and the person who found it put it in the cache.

No. Someone left it as a swap! It is going to the bank tomorrow.

No. Someone left it as a swap! It is going to the bank tomorrow.

I'm trying to figure out how you know they left it as a swap. Did they post "Took X, left bank card" in their log?

I wonder if it's for a closed account. It's stupid, but it would be a fun toy for kids.

It wasn't there the other day when we looked. So assumed they took something and left the card in it's place. Yes it is stupid leaving it.

And you know that the card belonged to the people who left it, how? Are they someone you know? Are they using their own actual name as their caching name?

It's weird no matter how you slice it, but it seems to me that it's apt to be a stolen card. Maybe they (perhaps a muggle) had an attack of conscience and this is one way to get the card to someone who'll do the right thing? Weird, but possible. Maybe it fell out of a geocacher's pocket? Extra weird (and I doubt it). Maybe a geocacher had an attack of the d'ohs and traded it for the nifty tie dye bracelet that was in the cache? That's just too weird to believe.

The sad thing is the bank isn't going to tell you if it's a stolen card. They'll just take it and say thank you. And we'll be left pondering. Although...I like to ponder. An elaborate drug drop? Someone who knows how much geocachers like seemingly unsolvable puzzles? Aliens?

:D

Rofl @ Terrkan78 and Colonian Cats. ? I will just hand into the bank, and I know I will not be told anything about the card, I'm not intersted, I just want to get it into the bank. But it will fun telling the cashier how I came about it! "Now madam let me explain geocaching to you"................. Will their eyes glaze over or they may become a new recruit? ?

Or maybe the account is closed and the card is nothing more than a piece of plastic. Crazy swag for an adult, but an 8 year old finder might enjoy finding it and bragging to his friends that he or she has a cash card.