Talkytoaster maps & GPS60CSX

Hi folks

From the research I've done it would appear its possible to load Open Map Source data from Talkytoaster on to my GPSMAP60CSX by copying the map data file to a microSD card slot.

Does anybody have any experience of doing this, how close to OS in look and feel are the open Map Source files on the GPSMAP60CSX? I'm wanting to get as close as poss to having OS 1:50k display on a GPS and thius looks a whole lot cheaper than a new GPS device.

Also anybody know what the largest size microSD card the GPSMAP60 will take?

All comment/suggestion/opinion welcome.

It will accept up to a 64MB card, according to the specs: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the-trail/discontinued/gpsmap-60csx/prod310.html

Regarding the maps, I cannot speak from experience but I know a lot of folks use 'em and really like 'em.

It does appear they have 1:50 K available for your unit.

As far as how much they do/don't look like OS maps... well, they are free now, aren't they? It would be worth a look and if you don't like 'em, don't use 'em. You're not out much, either way.

With the latest firmware I think the GPSMap 60Csx will accommodate cards up to 4GB. The Talkytoaster maps are quite small in file-size (about half a Gig for the UK) so you shouldn't have any problem. They're OK on the 60Csx - I've used them (they're excellent, given that they're free - and regularly updated), but personally, I prefer the look of the TopoGB maps. My wife has the Talkytoaster maps on her eTrex 20 and gets on fine with them.